LaunchBox Community Forums

I hope this is the correct forum. I've been looking for a straight (step by step) way of setting up my PS3 games to launch with LaunchBox and/or BigBox. I will be using RPCS3. (Is this the best?)

craigwojo

I've looked at many tutorials and I see that with each file you need to change EBOOT.BIN (or something like that?).  I have many PS3 files and looking into a batch program that enters the games. Or can LaunchBox do that, like it does in all the other setups for ROMs.
I really appreciate anyone that can guide me (like a 2 year old) on getting this setup. I'm not totally illiterate on LB but still a noobie and have setup many other platforms without problems. Just PS3 seems to be somewhat different.

Thank you and God bless.

Craig

18 hours ago, craigwojo said:

I've looked at many tutorials and I see that with each file you need to change EBOOT.BIN (or something like that?).  I have many PS3 files and looking into a batch program that enters the games. Or can LaunchBox do that, like it does in all the other setups for ROMs.
I really appreciate anyone that can guide me (like a 2 year old) on getting this setup. I'm not totally illiterate on LB but still a noobie and have setup many other platforms without problems. Just PS3 seems to be somewhat different.

Thank you and God bless.

Craig

On 12/16/2022 at 5:59 AM, craigwojo said:

Thank you zugswang. Now just to get everything working in LaunchBox.

Use that plugin. It works amazingly well for both disc and psn ps3 games. After it imports you may need to go into the games metadata and make sure it shows rpcs3 as the emulator.