LaunchBox Community Forums

How do I manually add a new android app?

Spottyfriend

I've downloaded a new app to my phone which I wish to be added to Launchbox. However, it only automatically finds it when I select "Include Non-Game Android Apps". I don't want to do this, since I only want this one specific app added, and don't want to have to delete every single other app I have that is auto added to launchbox (either upon changing the setting, or going forward).

I have tried using the "Add Game" function, but since apps cannot be found in the internal storage, I cannot manually add it. I know what the launch path should be - com.direwolfdigital.root - but I can't add this because it doesn't allow a typed path, only one found by browsing the internal storage. I even tried editing the xml file found in Platforms to add the game and it's path. This didn't work either.

I feel like this should be a day-one, obvious feature, but I can't find it anywhere. Can anyone help?

On 12/28/2022 at 7:24 AM, Spottyfriend said:

I've downloaded a new app to my phone which I wish to be added to Launchbox. However, it only automatically finds it when I select "Include Non-Game Android Apps". I don't want to do this, since I only want this one specific app added, and don't want to have to delete every single other app I have that is auto added to launchbox (either upon changing the setting, or going forward).

I have tried using the "Add Game" function, but since apps cannot be found in the internal storage, I cannot manually add it. I know what the launch path should be - com.direwolfdigital.root - but I can't add this because it doesn't allow a typed path, only one found by browsing the internal storage. I even tried editing the xml file found in Platforms to add the game and it's path. This didn't work either.

I feel like this should be a day-one, obvious feature, but I can't find it anywhere. Can anyone help?

This means that the app in question was not categorized correctly as a game by the developer.

So, while not what you want to hear, unfortunately, this means that the only current solution is to use that option to include non-game Android apps and whittle the list down to what you are wanting to see.