LaunchBox Community Forums

Future Pinball - Xbox 360/xinput not working when launching from LB

Hamburglin

There is an option in future pinball to use a joystick/gamepad. It works fine. You know it's on and working because it disables the keyboard keys from working when playing.

When I launch future pinball from LB via the accepted way (/open %romfile% /play /exit) the games load and play fine with keyboard. However, when enabling the controller, the controller does not function.

I can tell the controller setting from future pinball is on an enabled because the keyboard does nothing (except exit with esc). Also, my LB exit script (double left click via ps4 scroll pad tap) works as well.

It seems like LB may be interfering with future pinball's controls or there may be another launch options I'm missing.

Anyone have any ideas how to troubleshoot this further or fix it?

I discovered a fix - run future pinball in windows vista compatibility. I have no idea why this works or why LB and future pinball are not playing nice together. There is a downside to this: some textures are plain white now.

I figured this out because I already needed to set dpi compatibility mode to Application to get full screen to work, and people talk about setting future pinball to run as admin or windows xp compatibility mode for other issues.

Enabling a controller does not disable the keyboard on FP, so something else going on there.  You should be able to use keyboard, mouse (if toggled on) and controller at same time. You might have some conflict of keys either in LB and/or in FP.  Double check your Preferences and Game Keys/Controls settings (example below for XBOX One controller, but had 360 prior).  Only thing have had to do is set FP to Windows 8 compatibility mode. Never had to change dpi compatibility mode.   

Also, using BAM fixes some of the memory issues in FP where get texture issues.  You can download here but make sure to follow instructions and backup your key files for FP.   FP hasn't been updated in 15 years, so BAM patches some things to help with newer Windows OS as well as add new features newer tables utilize (like TerryRed's tables).  

image.thumb.png.bfdab202c1d7159e2754ee136d6249df.png