LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox on PSVITA HARDWARE?

Hollow_Fang

It has come to my to my attention that side loading is possible in CFW PSVITA! With sideloading possible I was thinking, would it be feasible to be used as a launcher for in PSVITA? Currently there is most emulators, retroarch, PSP,R oms, and PSVITA PORTS / HOMEBREW games.

From what I can tell UP TO ARMv7  GLES2 games have possibilities to work.

I'm not a programmer so wouldn't know but does the android version of launchbox meet these minimums?

Im pretty skeptical of the possibility of LaunchBox running on Vita. The PS Vita is not running an android OS. There are ways of porting android games to vita by wrapping them in some kind of translation layer that translates the android calls to equivalent vita calls. I’m not sure if that’s what you’re referring to?  If that’s the approach you’re thinking, a developer would have to build the wrapper and the feasibility of that kind of port depends on what kind of calls the launchbox android app makes.