LaunchBox Community Forums

bigbox theme in attract mode locks up

faulkkev

I have used same theme for over a year and until recently had no issues or very minor ones.  Lately "i suspect after update to 13.0", when i fireup the arcade bigbox runs theme in attract mode for usually hours then hard locks.  When i see it usually the screen has distorted pic or missing something and won't respond to any controller/buttons on board.  Even my hidden button to close bigbox doesn't work.  I usually have to hit the shutdown hidden key connected to my pc mother board or turn on my kb "wireless" and do a ctrl alt delete.  i have updated themes, ran game updates for meta data and media "even though that shouldn't matter", nothing is working.  

Anyone else encountered this issue, i have checked my pc "windows 11" for any screen lock, sleep etc features all are turned off.  Also pc works fine if i use a kb so i am highly convinced issue is bigbox related or maybe theme related.  I tried changing theme view but that didn't seem to work.  I have not went to a different theme yet, but i believe i am using unified redux or the non 16 by 9.  at the moment.   I am new to launchbox/bigbox only a year of use, so i found a theme back then liked it and left it so it is possible that is the issue.  

Can you be more specific about the theme you are using? It's definitely a theme specific issue you are running into, so being exact about the theme and the version of the theme would be helpful.

You can also switch to the default theme and see if you are seeing the same lockup.

Also, are you able to provide more details about your hardware specs.

22 minutes ago, faulkkev said:

Ill have to look.  I installed it saturday and just made it default, so in theory it should be default, but ill have to look to be for sure. 

This is a user defined setting, which means it would have used your platform and game views you have set up under Options > Views.

But yeah, the view would matter, especially with RetroFresh, so it would be nice to know so we can narrow this thing down.

let me know if this is what your looking for.  In the theme views i have the following.  I am new to bigbox and got it looking like i wanted and didn't mess with it beyond adding games and updating content/meta data for last year. 

platform list:

platform wheel 1 

Games List View

vertical wheel 1

2 hours ago, faulkkev said:

let me know if this is what your looking for.  In the theme views i have the following.  I am new to bigbox and got it looking like i wanted and didn't mess with it beyond adding games and updating content/meta data for last year. 

platform list:

platform wheel 1 

Games List View

vertical wheel 1

The next time it freezes with RetroFresh, can you take a screenshot of the freeze and post it here.

image.thumb.jpeg.956c5b1fbd029ab8faf1a5003c78f94c.jpeg

Here is the image after updating retrofresh it ran for about 30min to hour.  Then i get this screen also even though you can't tell the screen is light very dimmed down it always goes dim when it locks up.  I have to hit my power down button to computer no way it hard locks it 99% of the time. 

So i made this change and so far arcade has been up for 24 hours almost, but this is not ideal.  I hope it gives a hint on where the issue is, but i suppose it might crash later im leaving it on for a few days. 

wait time" to 30 minutes and the "time between movements" to 5 minutes in the attract mode settings