LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame Bezel Overlay

Pale Ale

I've been enjoying MAME bezels for the first time ever, since LaunchBox makes it so easy. The only thing I'm not too keen on: the bezels cover up the corners of the screen, in some cases a significant amount. Is there any way to configure MAME so that the video output is on top of the bezel, instead of the other way around? (so that the emulator output would cut off the bezel, instead of the bezel cutting off the game screen)

Can you provide an example of a game that covers it significantly? I only ask because the Bezel Project bezels are designed to maximize the screen area and I haven't noticed this and was curious. I know some of the other MAME artwork sources do shrink or cover the screen area with lots of artwork.

AS for displaying the game screen on top of the artwork, you can adjust the layout file for each game to change the rendering order, but that would be a lot of work and probably not the route you want to go.

The best option is probably to hit the tilde key (~) while in game and adjust the X & Y size to reduce the screen size for games that you find a problem.

Another option is to use a shader chain that curves the screen so the corners like a real CRT so the corners aren't covered. (A picture would help to know for sure what you are seeing)

Maybe "significant" is too strong a word, but it annoys me when stuff at the edge of the screen is covered (like "life bars" way up at the top edge, etc.).

I didn't realize you could just shrink the screen size, that worked perfectly for me. Thanks for the advice!