LaunchBox Community Forums

FLA File to SRM

SuperGimp

2 hours ago, DeadVoivod said:

Did you try to just rename the file to POKEMONSNAP.sav?

Yes, I did try that. I've tried it through RetroArch which requires a .srm file for saves and through Project64 which requires a .fla. I did see somewhere else to try .sav, but no dice. Doesn't seem either take those files?

I tried now myself, when I have a save state from RetroArch I get the option "continue" in Pokemon Snap, with your file nothing shows, even with renaming.  Did you try loading it in a standalone emulator, not RetroArch?

I tried now myself, when I have a save state from RetroArch I get the option "continue" in Pokemon Snap, with your file nothing shows, even with renaming.  Did you try loading it in a standalone emulator, not RetroArch?

Yup, I tried it on Project64 standalone. No luck with it! Out of curiosity, why try it with a save state? Was there a name to the "continue"? I checked the cart in the N64 and there is a save file. I starting to wonder if the file corrupted when offloading at this point. 

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying because you had said "I have a save state from RetroArch I get the option "continue""...if I've got this right, you've created a save point in the game and it gives you the options to continue. But then loading my save wipes that, right? Or is that continue option from my save?

58 minutes ago, SuperGimp said:

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying because you had said "I have a save state from RetroArch I get the option "continue""...if I've got this right, you've created a save point in the game and it gives you the options to continue. But then loading my save wipes that, right? Or is that continue option from my save?

Sorry, no save state. I created an ingame save point which gives me the continue option, trying to load your save is unfortunately not working. 

Edited by DeadVoivod