LaunchBox Community Forums

Dreamcast games won't play

azorean

Hi everyone

My Dreamcast games don't load here on LaunchBox for some reason.. I can load and play them directly in Retroarch but for some reason it doesn't do anything here in LaunchBox when I double click the game. I have updated the core but it still won't work. Any ideas on how to fix this? 

Thanks!

On 1/11/2023 at 7:00 AM, Suhrvivor said:

Make sure your associated platforms has the proper core for that platfom under LaunchBox -> Tools -> Manage -> Emulators -> Retroarch -> Assocaited Platforms.

Yes I the core (flycast) in there and checked to be default emulator but it still won't launch the game. However, when I drag the rom into Retroarch directly it does launch the game so this is something with LaunchBox. Any ideas on what could it be? Thank you

Edited by azorean

56 minutes ago, Suhrvivor said:

Post a screenshot of your emulator settings and associated platforms settings so we could see if there's a hard to spot typo you might be missing.

image.thumb.png.fd9a7ee7a7ca533573b928f171ba71a0.png  image.thumb.png.fa471e0e32a4afd53f8b22d303daa756.png  

See attached. Retroarch settings with flycast core loaded and associated platforms in LB. Does this help?  

17 minutes ago, Suhrvivor said:

Everything seems fine in your settings. What game are you trying to load and what format is it? It might be that you're trying to run a zipped file, LaunchBox extracts a bunch of files from it and sends the wrong one to Retroarch.

The game files are bin/cue and they're not zipped. I've played them in LB in the past, not sure why it suddenly stopped working now.