LaunchBox Community Forums

HI Score 4.0 plugin

johden

I am having issues installing HI Score Plugin,  Sometimes the simple ones can be the hardest.  followed directions first time it caused the theme to crash used 4.0 version.  deleted the installed 4.0 version reinstalled theme. Tried installing 3.0 version no crashes but still no HI score info. All the files in mame and launch box but no saved scores.  using Critical zone v2 theme

Any suggestions

Thanks

You'd have better luck posting this on the plugin-in-question's support page.  I was able to deduce that it is this plugin you're referring to.

That said,...

Using "CriticalZoneV2 - Default", you may want/need to make a copy of the Theme's Folder and modify the copy.  I renamed my copied folder to "CriticalZoneV2 - MAME HS" for lack of creativity.  This Theme comes with LB/BB and gets updated/reset accordingly.  The copy you made won't.

If you're getting an error when going into the games detail View like this

An error occurred while parsing the custom TextGamesView.

either "Mame_Hi_Scores.dll" isn't in the plugins folder, or it needs to be unblocked.  Use the 4.0 version of the plugin.  Not sure why the older versions were not removed.

If you're not getting the error (or any error for that matter), make sure you modified the correct View file.  There are 2 similarly named, but only one is correct.

image.png.5ffb66c20d5f307ccd501b7e70a75ee1.png  You're wanting the one with the "s" in the middle of it.     TextGamesView.xaml

After you modified and saved the xaml file, and then started BB, be sure to go into Manage Themes and set your modified them as default.  At this point, to make sure everything is set and saved properly, exit BigBox, [wait a few seconds for it to finish writing/saving data in the background] and then restart BigBox.