LaunchBox Community Forums

Anyone having AYN Odin Pro Issues?

trigun

Hello wonderful LB community, I recently purchased the AYN Odin Pro. I don’t make purchases like this without reading/watching many reviews. I have found a few issues with the Odin pro on some post but they are from nearly a year ago(give or take a few months). I was just wondering if anyone is currently having any issues with LB on this device or had any issues that are now fixed or not. LB is the only front end I use and will be my go to when my Odin arrives in a week or so. Thank you for any help/responses. 

Unfortunately I don't have an Odin Pro; but I do have an Odin Lite that I still use almost daily. I've experienced next to no issues at all with Launchbox-- other than one specific one to do with video playback stills; I won't go into that here, but feel free to look at my post history, although I believe the issue is specific to the Odin Lite and how I choose to use LaunchBox.

On 1/21/2023 at 10:19 AM, trigun said:

Hello wonderful LB community, I recently purchased the AYN Odin Pro. I don’t make purchases like this without reading/watching many reviews. I have found a few issues with the Odin pro on some post but they are from nearly a year ago(give or take a few months). I was just wondering if anyone is currently having any issues with LB on this device or had any issues that are now fixed or not. LB is the only front end I use and will be my go to when my Odin arrives in a week or so. Thank you for any help/responses. 

I use an Odin Pro and the only issue I have is that sometimes their emulated controls cause the LB button to stick and causes menu to open/shut rapidly. To fix all you have to do is physically press the button though and that behavior stops. Outside of that I've had 0 issues.

• 3 months later...

I was still curious if people had issues. I have an odin pro now, and apart from me loving the thing, i have experienced some major inconveniences with launchbox. Mainly the fact that launchbox randomly AND specifically throws me out of the app, to (when restarting) show me none of the changes i've made had any effect. This is particularly nasty when trying to add games. I already can't add all my MS-DOS games at the same time, but doing them one by one and repeatedly getting kicked out to find out my game hasnt been added is kind of a dealbreaker. for now i'm pretty sure there are answers i'm not finding yet, nonetheless it's a pain....