LaunchBox Community Forums

Sinden Border Activation

latin625

Are you talking about MAME only? That you can do with the bezel pack on the Sindens wiki, no border activation required. They have them for other systems as well. In some cases you need to use reshade though. All of this could be automated using ahk files to launch your games, but personally I didn't do that because of the extra time involved. Do you run the lightgun.exe at startup and leave it running?

@maxforwardspeed
MAME is good to go. Thanks for helping out.   I have it all setup and working on most emulators, and have added the borders, but prefer the widescreen look (16:9  no side artwork). 

I was looking for an elegant way of having the borders show up when the game is running using ahk and deactivating them when you exit.  Currently, you have to press the button on the sinden gun.  Any ideas?

38 minutes ago, latin625 said:

@maxforwardspeed
MAME is good to go. Thanks for helping out.   I have it all setup and working on most emulators, and have added the borders, but prefer the widescreen look (16:9  no side artwork). 

I was looking for an elegant way of having the borders show up when the game is running using ahk and deactivating them when you exit.  Currently, you have to press the button on the sinden gun.  Any ideas?

Ok, well assuming you are leaving your lightgun.exe instance running in the background, you could make a simple ahk to essentially automate the "Alt-B" command for you. First I'd use a launchbox playlist and put all of the lightgun games in it that you want to use with a 16:9 border. 

Create two ahk files. For the first one, you can call it "border on" use this for your script:

sleep, 5000
Send !{b}
ExitApp

For the second one, call it "border off" and use this script:

Send !{b 2}
ExitApp

Compile each script into their individual exe files.  Then use this bulk run before/after tool and select all of the games you added to your playlist. Use the newly created "border on" exe for the run before, and then use the tool again to do the same for the run after using the "border off" exe. 

I added the "sleep" to the border on because as I was just testing it the additional delay time was helpful in preventing issues while the emulators were starting up.

Hopefully that helps, or is what you were looking for. It seems to work well in terms of automation for the border. I think a lot of people prefer using reshade instead and attach it to an entirely separate copy of the emulator that you will use strictly for lightgun games. Personally I haven't gotten that far, and my free time seems to vanish between work and the kid's after-school activities! 

• Unusual Gem 1