LaunchBox Community Forums

(Bulk) Add Additional Applications 2.0

(2 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

(Bulk) Add Additional Applications    A.K.A.    (Bulk) Add Run Before/After Main Application

(July 10, 2023)
This plugin is no longer supported. But [for now] still works.
Please see its successor: Bulk Add/Remove Additional Applications

The intent of this plugin to add the same Additional Application to more than one game, all at one time.  More specifically, it is to add an Additional Application you want to run Before and/or After the selected games.

*Works with LaunchBox versions 10.14 and newer.*

Setup:

• Download and extract "Bulk Run Before-After.dll" from the zip file and place it in your Plugins subfolder of LaunchBox.
  • Right click the dll file, select Properties, and click "Unblock" (if it's there) and click OK.

1705616419_Unblockdll.jpg.585eeb1aaf20ab36b92b33ac599d3946.jpg

Using the plugin:

• Select more than one game (or all of them) in your Platform.
  • Right click on one of the selected games and select "Bulk Run Before/After Main Application".
  • Fill in the Application Name, Path to the program, any necessary Command Line Parameters and then check the appropriate box if you want it to run Before or After (or both or none) the Main Application.  Click OK

You should probably test this on only 2 or 3 games first BEFORE you decide to do your entire Platform.  There is no [bulk] undo (See Additional Notes).

before-wait.thumb.jpg.5203bad45010beea12d905cfd35a3f89.jpg     after-wait.thumb.jpg.e39bd3d7036218b383c8812552485f4c.jpg

Additional Notes:

Once you click "OK", the Additional Application is added to each game you had selected.  There is no Bulk Edit or Bulk Remove**Additional Application(s). (at least by me)

It does require that you give it an Application Name and an Application Path. 

It will verify that your Application Path points to an existing file but it will not check if there's an existing Additional Application with the same Name.

**If you clicked OK when you should have clicked Cancel, you can remove them with this plugin: (Bulk) Remove Additional Applications

Edited by JoeViking245
No longer supported

What's New in Version 2.0   See changelog

Released

Added "Wait for Exit" option.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Unusual Gem 2

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

xevious1974

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

When you think about it... JoeViking245 has already done it!

Great!

• Thanks 1
Link to review
DerSchlachter

It took me a few days to find an application for this plugin. It's now a plugin that I don't want to do without anymore.

As an example: I want to assign game advisors to several games so that I can call them up directly on the pause screen. With this plugin select the games, add application...done. Mega! And this is just a really small example. A lot of problems are being solved in my head right now and my setup keeps getting better and better.

Many thanks...again!

• Thanks 1
Link to review