LaunchBox Community Forums

"Bulk Run Before/After Main Application"

Arcade Workshop did a great how to for the GRS 4-8 way auto switcher back in June last year that would allow for a bulk edit to switch your joystick to 4 way and back automatically. Since then, I see that the "Bulk Run Before/After Main Application" has been removed and "Add" replaced it. Is there another way to get to a Bulk Run... to make the necessary changes without having to do the all my games manually? I've tried going into Tools, Add, under Metadata...Additional Apps...Add apps. Once I'm done adding in the .exe for the GRS auto switcher, clicking run before, I hit OK, then when I hit the final OK, I get a screen pop up telling me to add the Game Title. I went down a serious rabbit hole trying to figure out how to bulk add the info, but I just can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

IMG_9476.jpg

Edited by HotMommasCowboy

20 minutes ago, HotMommasCowboy said:

I see that the "Bulk Run Before/After Main Application" has been removed and "Add" replaced it.

Those names are the same thing.  I think I renamed it at some point to make it clearer, thus making it more confusing. 😊

The plugin is the same and still works the same.  The plugin to download is called "(Bulk) Add Additional Applications".  But when you right click your selected games, the option (plugin) to select is titled "Bulk Run Before/After Main Application".

25 minutes ago, HotMommasCowboy said:

I've tried going into Tools, Add, under Metadata...Additional Apps...Add apps.

You lost me at "Tools, Add".  Sound like the process you're doing was attempting to add a new game.

2 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

Those names are the same thing.  I think I renamed it at some point to make it clearer, thus making it more confusing. 😊

The plugin is the same and still works the same.  The plugin to download is called "(Bulk) Add Additional Applications".  But when you right click your selected games, the option (plugin) to select is titled "Bulk Run Before/After Main Application".

You lost me at "Tools, Add".  Sound like the process you're doing was attempting to add a new game.

Sorry, mistake from being in the rabbit hole all last night. I would go into my newly created platform category "Joystick 4-Way", highlight one of the games and then use ctrl+a to highlight all my games in there and then I would right click on my mouse (not go to tools - major face palm on that one!! 😒) and Add is at the bottom of that popup window. But, from your posts I've seen, you appear to be a seasoned Vet at this, so I'm sure you probably had my SNAFU figured out! 🤣

All of my glorious searching last night, I never once came across that post!! I apologize for posting this. Had I come across your post in that link, it would have saved me hours of headaches last night trying to figure this out! Thanks for being patient with a rookie JoeViking245! 👍👍

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

That worked perfectly. Thanks again!

• Game On 1