LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox theme CriticalZone - how to change the size of video snap?

azorean

Hi everyone

I am using CriticalZone BigBox theme and want to understand if it is possible to change the size of the video snaps on the left side (see screenshot below)? I like the "wall" view on the right side and there's enough space to widen the video a little bit. Is it possible at all? Also I don't need the "Description" showing if for that I can widen the video. If this is not possible, are there any other themes that may be similar to this, showing the covers on a wall view and also the video snaps, that you could recommend?

Thanks!

image.thumb.jpeg.154b1d20d72704675df8c44c9cd4fb8c.jpeg

Edited by azorean

4 minutes ago, azorean said:

Hi everyone

I am using CriticalZone BigBox theme and want to understand if it is possible to change the size of the video snaps on the left side (see screenshot below)? I like the "wall" view on the right side and there's enough space to widen the video a little bit. Is it possible at all? Also I don't need the "Description" showing if for that I can widen the video. If this is not possible, are there any other themes that may be similar to this, showing the covers on a wall view and also the video snaps, that you could recommend?

Thanks!

image.thumb.jpeg.154b1d20d72704675df8c44c9cd4fb8c.jpeg

So, that's not actually the CriticalZone Big Box theme. That's the default theme with CriticalZone's details view. CriticalZone probably gave you the option to switch to a wall view even though it doesn't include that view in the file, so it ends up falling back to the default theme instead.

In saying that, you would need to create a custom theme by copying the critical zone theme folder and renaming it to something else. Then taking the Wall view file (I believe that's Wall View 4) and pasting it into the View folder of your new theme.

Then if you look inside that wall view file, you'll find the code for the video and adjust the sizing. I'm guessing what you want is the adjust the height (and not the width) of the container that the video element is inside of. This is because there's probably enough space for a 16:9 video there, and since you were displaying a 4:3 video, it just centered it into that space. Increasing the Height would provide more room for the 4:3 video to grow, but just know that it would cause 16:9 videos to have more empty space on the top and bottom.

At that point, you would hop into the GameDetailsView.xaml file where you'll find the description code that you can remove.

2 minutes ago, faeran said:

So, that's not actually the CriticalZone Big Box theme. That's the default theme with CriticalZone's details view. CriticalZone probably gave you the option to switch to a wall view even though it doesn't include that view in the file, so it ends up falling back to the default theme instead.

In saying that, you would need to create a custom theme by copying the critical zone theme folder and renaming it to something else. Then taking the Wall view file (I believe that's Wall View 4) and pasting it into the View folder of your new theme.

Then if you look inside that wall view file, you'll find the code for the video and adjust the sizing. I'm guessing what you want is the adjust the height (and not the width) of the container that the video element is inside of. This is because there's probably enough space for a 16:9 video there, and since you were displaying a 4:3 video, it just centered it into that space. Increasing the Height would provide more room for the 4:3 video to grow, but just know that it would cause 16:9 videos to have more empty space on the top and bottom.

At that point, you would hop into the GameDetailsView.xaml file where you'll find the description code that you can remove.

Thank you @faeran for the detailed explanation. I will give it a try!