LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox.exe not visible to Kodi, but is present in window explorer

Kodi 20.1 on Windows 10 initial install:

Kodi cannot see the Bigbox.exe. I ran the zip file from Launchbox folder. But while in Kodi, I cannot see Bigbox.exe in the launchbox folder, thus preventing me from adding it to the path. I used:

However, when I'm on the desktop using the Window explorer I can see Bigbox.exe in the launchbox folder. I have tried a fresh install of Kodi and showing hidden files in Windows.

How do make Bigbox.exe visible to Kodi 20.1? Thank you in advance!

Edited by dbcooper

33 minutes ago, dbcooper said:

Kodi 20.1 on Windows 10 initial install:

Kodi cannot see the Bigbox.exe. I ran the zip file from Launchbox folder. But while in Kodi, I cannot see Bigbox.exe in the launchbox folder, thus preventing me from adding it to the path. I used:

However, when I'm on the desktop using the Window explorer I can see Bigbox.exe in the launchbox folder. I have tried a fresh install of Kodi and showing hidden files in Windows.

How do make Bigbox.exe visible to Kodi 20.1? Thank you in advance!

The zip isn't supposed to be extracted or ran from LaunchBox directory.

To install in Kodi, you need to install from zip. See Install from Zip on the Kodi wiki for how to. After which you run the addon from Kodi's Addons Menu and set the settings in addon's config to your liking while making sure LaunchBox's base directory location is set in Launchbox folder field.

Edited by CoinTos

This is the guide I followed. I installed from zip as directed.

When I try to open LB I receive the following error, which requires me to add bigbox.exe to the path:

However, afterwards (when I then try to add the Bigbox.exe file to the path) it is still not visible when I navigate to its location. Even though I can see the Bigbox.exe in my window explorer

Screenshot (1).png

Edited by dbcooper

1 hour ago, dbcooper said:

This is the guide I followed. I installed from zip as directed.

When I try to open LB I receive the following error, which requires me to add bigbox.exe to the path:

However, afterwards (when I then try to add the Bigbox.exe file to the path) it is still not visible when I navigate to its location. Even though I can see the Bigbox.exe in my window explorer

Screenshot (1).png

All you have to do is select the LaunchBox Folder field in the addon's settings under General and browse to the LaunchBox base folder ie. C:\Users\SomeUser\LaunchBox\ then select ok. You do not need to add BigBox.exe to the LaunchBox Folder location field, the addon adds the BigBox.exe or LaunchBox.exe (depending on mode selected) to the folder specified in the addon's settings and check if the exe (of the mode selected) exists in the previously specified folder, if not the addon produces that error.

So I had tried this on the initial install and was unsuccessful.

Then I turned the machine off and went for a walk. After I returned, I turned the machine back on for another attempt and to tell you that you're wrong but... Now it works and I feel dumb! Which means that you were absolutely right lol

Thank you @CoinTos!

Edited by dbcooper