LaunchBox Community Forums

Good database for differences in Rom versions of games?

pgathriller

Was setting up Golden Tee 3D in MAME last night and saw the how many different versions there are for the Rom:
Version 1.4
Version 1.5
Version 1.6
Version 1.7
Version 1.8
Version 1.91L
Version 1.92L
Version 1.92S
Version 1.93N

But there didn't seem to be any notes I could find on what exactly the differences are?

I'm sure it's minor stuff, but is there any sort of rom database that might include the differences in different versions of a Rom?

There's even completely different Golden Tee games like Golden Tee Royal Edition Tournament and Golden Tee Supreme Edition Tournament but there's no descriptions that I could find that actually explains what the differences are with these games.

29 minutes ago, Rlad said:

Version numbers are usually just bug fixes or balance issue fixes.

https://www.arcade-history.com/index.php?page=database

If you look under Trivia and Updates it usually has some info on different clone versions.

1073101588_Screenshot2023-04-12222614.thumb.jpg.ebc7d7313cb770530c885f8495770958.jpg

Thanks for the reply but, unfortunately, that site doesn't seem to have any info on the actual changes between game versions.

The highlighted line refers to the fact that the main series barely changed at all from Golden Tee 3D, 97, 98, 99, 2k, and Classic (as they're essentially all the exact same game but with new courses)
But what I'm looking for is like what's the difference between Golden Tee 3D Golf 1.7 and Golden Tee 3D Golf 1.8
I'm sure it's just like insanely small improvements but wondering what they were or if it's even documented

23 minutes ago, Rlad said:

Nice, this thread is much closer to what I would be looking for! But like an actual database on this

Cause like, even for Golden Tee, they list 2k and just says there's another version that's "Tournament Edition" but doesn't actually say what that means