LaunchBox Community Forums

Games DB Question

Lenny

Ok here goes..... I'm updating what I can to the atari 2600 platform. Thanks to WallyWonka hes created a awesome new set of 3d boxes and carts and i would like to get them uploaded into the database.

Here's the question, the atari 2600 platform has a lot of clone games, for example a atari version of pinball named video pinball and a sears version named arcade pinball, the games are the same but

the artwork is different. Can i upload the games separately under the respective names or is it preferred to keep them combined? I ask cause since the new artwork became available I updated my collection 

with a atari version and the sears version. if the games are in the database separately the correct artwork would be scrapped by the naming of your rom. I want to make sure this i s a ok way to do it before I

spend the time to request the sears and there clones into the database. I have noticed that some of the clones are entered under one title, for example Sky Diver is the name of the game but it contains artwork

for the sears version of the game named dare diver. So would it be ok to request the game be uploaded as it own game and request that the artwork only sky diver only be left under that title? Sorry if this is

tough to understand but please questions if you need more info. Thanks