LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't launch arcade games from usb drive

Malta

I'm using a Samsung phone with Android 13, and am trying for the first time to get LaunchBox working with arcade games.  I bought the paid version of launchbox for both Windows and Android.

I exported my games from Windows to a usb flash drive, and imported them to Launchbox on Android directly from the flash drive.  I also installed Retroarch 64 directly from the Retroarch Build. I've tried the stable and nightly builds of Retroarch 64, but every time I try to launch a game on Android, Retroarch just comes up with a black screen. 

To try tracking this down, I tried to load the contect directly in Retroarch, but Retroarch apparently can't see the directory for my usb drive, which is located at /mnt/media_rw/XXXX-XXXX/Launchbox

Any ideas on what I can to do fix this or track down what is going wrong?

Thanks!

Not entirely sure what "Retroarch 64" is. But when you launch RetroArch from your device the first time it should ask you for file permissions to read your files. Without this the app doesn't have permissions it needs to see the files and launch them.