LaunchBox Community Forums

Little plethora

flexzi

for some reason i cannot find the search function on this forum, so with the risk of repeating some questions (which i don't like): 

I am an odin pro user (just android) and have my roms and whatnot on a separate sd card. I've been able to add one DOS game (since the machine crashed once i tried to add the whole DOS folder in launchbox for android). now, when i try to add another dos game, all seems to go well, but as soon as i save, the program crashes, throwing me out. The window of launchbox stays open in my active programs, but once i click it, it just restarts launchbox, showing me no sign of my newly added game. added for that is my logfile, if that's any help. i'd like to hear how i can fix this. 

-how do i upgrade to the beta version? i've activated it in the options, but don't feel like it has updated anything since then. is there a way to check whether or not this works? 

-Do themes work on android? for now i cannot get another theme to work. i can install them, but especially in the first window i cannot seem to use them. in the games window i have the option to change the grid look, but elsewhere i do not get that option. 

that's it for now. I hope you can help me. oh and please tell me where the search option resides on the forum. 

Debug_2023-04-26_03-18-53_PM[1].log

that's it for now. I hope you can help me. oh and please tell me where the search option resides on the forum. 

-this one has been solved. seemed my lighting in the room and my computer screen didn't allow me to see where the actual search column was. found it now :)

8 minutes ago, flexzi said:

-how do i upgrade to the beta version? i've activated it in the options, but don't feel like it has updated anything since then. is there a way to check whether or not this works? 

When you enable beta versions in the app, then each time you open LaunchBox it will check to see if a beta version is available. If it is, then it will ask you if you would like to update. If there isn't, then nothing out of the ordinary will happen.

9 minutes ago, flexzi said:

-Do themes work on android? for now i cannot get another theme to work. i can install them, but especially in the first window i cannot seem to use them. in the games window i have the option to change the grid look, but elsewhere i do not get that option. 

The way themes work on Android is that a theme creator can add as many views as they like, or as little as they like, to their theme. This means that a theme could only have 1 platform view, or 1 games view, or many of both. After you download a theme, then either on a platform view or a games view, you can click on the top right menu and choose Change View. You'll find available theme views there.

UPDATE:

Good news, transferring my games to android with the export fucntion at least shows the games in launchbox for adnroid, but i still cannot find a way to properly set them up to play them. Retroarch doesn't recognise the files since they've been zipped, and though you an use retroarch itself to look inside zipped files, i cannot find a way to save the specific pathnames inside a zipped game for the same specific game in launchbox. anyone able to help with this? Mostly also since this way is way easier to setup DOS games through android, not to mention much quicker, but it has to work and it still doesnt.