LaunchBox Community Forums

Constant crashing on Retroid Pocket Flip

Gyges

Not only does the app crash intermittently when doing just about anything, it crashes 100% of the time when trying to import some classes of games--specifically, CPS III. The green progress bar fills to its entirety and just when it's supposed to write the .xml the app crashes with no saved progress.

As a note, the app is running on internal storage. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I have a Retroid Pocket 4 Pro that hasn't had any issues (Android 13, MTK D1100, 8GB RAM).

However, I just recently got my partner a Retroid Pocket 2S (Android 11, Unisoc T610, 4GB RAM) that's been having strange issues with Launchbox seemingly whenever it tries to write the XML files (when downloading media for games, setting favorites, etc). Launchbox isn't crashing, but instead seems to just freeze. I have to force-close the app, wait a second, and then re-open it before it will work properly... and then any changes I made will be reverted (likely due to the way the whole XML backup transaction bits work... not sure, just guessing).

They are both setup to use internal storage for LaunchBox, and only use microSD cards for the actual ROM files.

Have you seen or heard of this behavior before, @faeran?

On 4/12/2024 at 6:33 PM, Rican7 said:

I have a Retroid Pocket 4 Pro that hasn't had any issues (Android 13, MTK D1100, 8GB RAM).

However, I just recently got my partner a Retroid Pocket 2S (Android 11, Unisoc T610, 4GB RAM) that's been having strange issues with Launchbox seemingly whenever it tries to write the XML files (when downloading media for games, setting favorites, etc). Launchbox isn't crashing, but instead seems to just freeze. I have to force-close the app, wait a second, and then re-open it before it will work properly... and then any changes I made will be reverted (likely due to the way the whole XML backup transaction bits work... not sure, just guessing).

They are both setup to use internal storage for LaunchBox, and only use microSD cards for the actual ROM files.

Have you seen or heard of this behavior before, @faeran?

I don't think I've ever heard of this particular issue before. The only Retroid device I have is the Pocket 2 plus, which we test heavily on. I also have a similar setup to you with how I've set up the device.

Sorry that I can't tell you more here. If a crash report is generated we would have received them and if so, we can look into what potentially could be causing it.

6 hours ago, faeran said:

I don't think I've ever heard of this particular issue before. The only Retroid device I have is the Pocket 2 plus, which we test heavily on. I also have a similar setup to you with how I've set up the device.

Sorry that I can't tell you more here. If a crash report is generated we would have received them and if so, we can look into what potentially could be causing it.

Hmm, fair.

Does your Pocket 2+ have Android 11? I've heard that the storage API changes for A11 made a massive impact to file I/O performance.

I'll see if I can get it to actually crash and make sure it reports it.