LaunchBox Community Forums

How do I get Sega CD 32X games working via Launchbox?

pixel13

Hi everyone,

My home arcade is nearly finished, I just have one final system I want to get added. That system being the "Sega CD 32X"
No, I don't mean Sega CD and Sega 32X, I mean Sega CD 32X, which were a few games released that required both the Sega CD and Sega 32X to run. https://segaretro.org/Sega_Mega-CD_32X

Does anyone know how to get these games running via Launchbox? (Preferably using Retroarch, but I'm fine with any emulator)

Thanksimages.thumb.jpeg.34f91ff891af1cf73a4679425c1c0305.jpeg3i0893cdbnx41.thumb.webp.53efa56612668dad6809fa5d88170b55.webp

LB does not need anything special to launch the games. You just need to make sure in say Retroarch you are using the correct core and correct bios. Then when you set it up in LB be sure to go into your emulator settings and in the Associated Platform tab add the exact name of the platform and choose the core. 

Have you set it up and it is not running? Or are you just asking ahead of time how to do it?

1. First test your roms run directly in Retroarch. Always do this as it eliminates when games do not run from LB it being a rom/bios issue. If your games do not run here first no need in importing until they do. 

2: Import the .cue file (rom in bin/cue format) and name the platform what you want.

3: Select Retroarch as your emulator.

4: In Retroarch (edit the emulator) select the Associated Platforms tab, click on a new cell, add the exact platform name, select the core. I believe it should be picodrive.