LaunchBox Community Forums

Clear logos in BigBox Default theme

Hi

I've been searching if this question has been asked before, but haven't found this particular case.

I would like to see the clear logo of a game instead of its title, but I don't know how to edit a theme

I'm attaching a screenshot to make sure where I'm talking about.

Would this be really hard? Is it been planned for a future update?

Thanks

Default theme.png

11 minutes ago, SolarisSpell said:

Hi

I've been searching if this question has been asked before, but haven't found this particular case.

I would like to see the clear logo of a game instead of its title, but I don't know how to edit a theme

I'm attaching a screenshot to make sure where I'm talking about.

Would this be really hard? Is it been planned for a future update?

Thanks

Default theme.png

This wouldn't be planned for a future update, however, there is nothing stopping you from creating a custom theme doing the changes you want to see.

It wouldn't be too hard, but you will have to make some design decisions on how you would want it to end up looking. For example, the clear logo would be a much larger height than just having the title there. Another thing you may want to consider is what happens if one of your games does not have a clear logo.

If you want to attempt it yourself, make a copy of the default theme and give the folder a new name. It's in:

• LaunchBox\Themes\Default

Open up the following file:

• LaunchBox\Themes\[theme name]\Views\GameDetailsView.xaml

Somewhere close to the top, you'll see something along the lines of:

• <TextBlock Text="{Binding Title}"....

Replace that whole line with something like the following:

• <coverFlow:FlowImage ImageType="Clear Logo" DataContext="{Binding SelectedGame}" MaxHeight="{Binding Converter={StaticResource ScaleConverter}, ConverterParameter='40'}" Stretch="Uniform" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Center" Visibility="{Binding TitleVisibility}" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality"/>

You can change the MaxHeight number to get the height that you want.

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, faeran said:

<coverFlow:FlowImage ImageType="Clear Logo" DataContext="{Binding SelectedGame}" MaxHeight="{Binding Converter={StaticResource ScaleConverter}, ConverterParameter='40'}" Stretch="Uniform" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Center" Visibility="{Binding TitleVisibility}" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality"/>

Thanks

I was trying to copy the code for the game platform trying to get the game clear logo, but with no luck

image.thumb.jpeg.1e8eaa637767ad2501abe938221736f3.jpeg

Your answer works perfectly.

Now I will be trying to get it centered without the platform logo, but I think I will be able to do it

Thanks

EDIT: It looks great, thanks again

image.thumb.jpeg.dd19e7b9ffa871c5d6e84a19747d32a2.jpeg

Edited by SolarisSpell