LaunchBox Community Forums

Singe Emulator (laserdisc); Help Required

St_Eddie

Hi,

I am attempting to setup laserdisc games within LaunchBox and with little (or at least, partial success).  I have followed an online YouTube tutorial and it's gotten me most of the way (i.e. games run extremely well).  However, I would care to use my PC Xbox controller to play the games and whenever I press the 'Select' button upon my Xbox controller (in order to place a "coin" within the arcade machine), it crashes the emulator.  I am able to use the "5" key upon my keyboard to place a virtual coin within the virtual machine, but not use my Xbox controller.

Therefore, is anyone aware of a means to alter the controls of the Singe emulator to bind controls to a controller?

Thank you.

EDIT: Okay, I've found the 'controls.cfg.example' within the Singe subfolder and when using those controls, I am able to play via my XBox controller.  However, I would care to play using the standard MAME layout (i.e. coin=select, start=start - also, the directional controls are currently mapped to the analogue stick, whereas I would prefer them to be mapped to the D-Pad and the action buttons to the X,A,B and Y buttons).

Sorry, I'm having some trouble taking a screenshot, but here's the text contained within the 'controls.cfg.example' file...

--------------------------------------------------

Default Mappings

DEAD_ZONE = 8000

INPUT_UP           = { SCANCODE.UP,    SCANCODE.KP_8, GAMEPAD_0.AXIS_LEFT_Y_U, GAMEPAD_0.AXIS_RIGHT_Y_U, GAMEPAD_0.DPAD_UP    }
INPUT_LEFT         = { SCANCODE.LEFT,  SCANCODE.KP_4, GAMEPAD_0.AXIS_LEFT_X_L, GAMEPAD_0.AXIS_RIGHT_X_L, GAMEPAD_0.DPAD_LEFT  }
INPUT_DOWN         = { SCANCODE.DOWN,  SCANCODE.KP_2, GAMEPAD_0.AXIS_LEFT_Y_D, GAMEPAD_0.AXIS_RIGHT_Y_D, GAMEPAD_0.DPAD_DOWN  }
INPUT_RIGHT        = { SCANCODE.RIGHT, SCANCODE.KP_6, GAMEPAD_0.AXIS_LEFT_X_R, GAMEPAD_0.AXIS_RIGHT_X_R, GAMEPAD_0.DPAD_RIGHT }
INPUT_1P_COIN      = { SCANCODE.MAIN_5, SCANCODE.C, GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_LEFT_BUMPER }
INPUT_2P_COIN      = { SCANCODE.MAIN_6 }
INPUT_1P_START     = { SCANCODE.MAIN_1, GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_RIGHT_BUMPER }
INPUT_2P_START     = { SCANCODE.MAIN_2 }
INPUT_ACTION_1     = { SCANCODE.SPACE, SCANCODE.LCTRL, GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_A, MOUSE_0.BUTTON_RIGHT }
INPUT_ACTION_2     = { SCANCODE.LALT,   GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_B, MOUSE_0.BUTTON_MIDDLE }
INPUT_ACTION_3     = { SCANCODE.LSHIFT, GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_X, MOUSE_0.BUTTON_LEFT }
INPUT_ACTION_4     = { SCANCODE.RSHIFT, GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_Y, MOUSE_0.BUTTON_X1 }
INPUT_SKILL_EASY   = { SCANCODE.KP_DIVIDE }
INPUT_SKILL_MEDIUM = { SCANCODE.KP_MULTIPLY }
INPUT_SKILL_HARD   = { SCANCODE.KP_MINUS }
INPUT_SERVICE      = { SCANCODE.MAIN_9 }
INPUT_TEST_MODE    = { SCANCODE.F2 }
INPUT_RESET_CPU    = { SCANCODE.F3 }
INPUT_SCREENSHOT   = { SCANCODE.F12, SCANCODE.F11, GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_BACK }
INPUT_QUIT         = { SCANCODE.ESCAPE, SCANCODE.Q }
INPUT_PAUSE        = { SCANCODE.P, GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_START }
INPUT_CONSOLE      = { SCANCODE.GRAVE }
INPUT_TILT         = { SCANCODE.T }
INPUT_GRAB         = { SCANCODE.G }

--------------------------------------------------

Am I correct to presume that were I able to change those values, then I would rename the 'controls.cfg.example' file to 'controls.cfg' and that those remapped controls would work?  If so, if anyone would be kind enough to remap the controls to my liking (as stated above), then it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you kindly.

Edited by St_Eddie
Clarification

• 6 months later...