LaunchBox Community Forums

Stop Hotkey just for one platform (Pinball volume up and down)

bisbita

Hi Guys,

I have a beautiful arcade cabinet where I have configured the "flipper" buttons to work as volume up and down. for all the other platforms it works fantastic because you do not use them for anything else.

The problem comes when you play a pinball platform.

Now, is there any way to forbid/disable launchbox hotkeys to work with just one platform?

Thanks for your time.

pinballbutton.png

Edited by bisbita

No, you cannot set by platform at least for the mappings built directly in LB under the Options, Game Controllers, Mapping option.  However, you can map key modifiers like I have done for a XBox Controller using a button plus d-pad to control volume:

image.thumb.png.f8edb9a736a1e75b58903964198f4d11.png

Thus, you could map one of your buttons on the side (or other) plus your joy stick up/down to control volume. That way the original function stays as is.  The trick is to think through the combo to make sure it won't get accidently triggered through normal game play. 

You might be able to do via AHK scripts using window title matching since those can be by emulator (under the Running Script via Edit Emulator) but would take some fiddling and some scripting mojo.  Plus, many Pinball emulators don't play well with AHK scripts in LB (Future Pinball as example).   

Edited by sundogak