LaunchBox Community Forums

Game IDs

midd

IMG_8433.thumb.jpeg.e69303175faf9bac0385cb8bf2dec630.jpegNot really a troubleshooting issue. It's more of a technical question and I wasn't sure where else to ask:

I'm assuming GAME ID's are assigned by Launchbox as they are added? I'm not talking about the Launchbox Game Database ID; just the Game ID itself as found in a Platform's xml file?

I'm asking because I'm trying to merge 300+ games from one instance of Launchbox to another.  The one's I'm trying to merge call on additional apps (basically 3-5 scripts depending on the game).  Rather than add each application 3-5 times for each 300+ games.  I was considering copying the additional apps info from the one xml file to mine.  THat's where I noticed different game IDs for the same game in each xml.  I'll add pics in a second for reference.

IMG_8434.jpeg

Edited by midd
Added pics