LaunchBox Community Forums

Videos, Trailers, Gameplay & Pictures in LB!

RetroExecutioner

Howdy!

From the screenshot, how can I see more Videos, Trailers, Gameplay & Pictures on LB's main page?

I downloaded everything from paid EmuMovies, for example in Street Fighter 1, I see just 1 video with Street Fighter 2 and a couple of pictures; I want to see also more pictures, videos, and gameplay that is related to Street Fighter 1, not 2, etc.

Also, many games don't have any video; why? Since I paid for EmuMovies?

Also, BigBox has the same issue regarding pictures and gameplay.

What do I have to do?

And it is not about whether it is a video snap or not; it just doesn't appear to be a video snap.

Also, how can the theme be when the same theme is on other games? I can see even 2 video snaps, and only the game box and some pictures on others. How is that possible?

So, even on BigBox, the same issue appears; it only shows pictures on games like X-MEN and many others.

1233778902_2023-06-2414_43_02-NVIDIAGeForceOverlay.png

Edited by RetroExecutioner
  • Like 1

First not all games have all media. All the media in both LB and EmuMovies is user uploaded. You can double check if there is media for a specific game by editing the game, clicking on media entry and it will show under each tab which media is available.  If you don't check the box to download that specific type then LB will skip it.  Make sure you have these settings correct for what you want to download.  If there is no number after the media type and/or not more than 1 then that means the database only has one entry for that type.  If you don't see a media type at all, that means the DB has no entry at all.  EmuMovies also doesn't usually have much more than one theme and gameplay video for most arcade entries.  Beyond arcade then hit or miss on what is available.  If you want something beyond that you will have to download packs via other services or web (like YouTube to which there is a download tool for LB in the download section). 

image.thumb.png.3058cadb5c1a4dc2758c3ffed81ecb50.png

image.thumb.png.6ed93ad5ada9e8f14d4bd82e8fa7f691.png

Second, make sure your game is properly linked to the correct database ID. if you are getting media for wrong game them likely means you have connected to wrong entry here. If you don't see an ID at all than that means it isn't linked correctly.  To fix you click the red "X" and then do a search which gives you list of possible matches.  Once linked correctly rerun the media update process which should give you better results.  

image.thumb.png.4bdceb9a0d0eb24db47a72babdae61c6.png

Third, make sure you have the setting for metadata downloads set for however many you want. In my case below it is set to 1 which means it only downloads one image per Image Group (on right) regardless of however many images are in the database.  Make higher number if want more.  

image.thumb.png.c4bda8168f43e767c585ef0ef3704113.png

Lastly, make sure your setting this option correctly if wanting to download media after making adjustments above.  

image.thumb.png.5727c959f12d6fa3b6eee43df7da120a.png

Edited by sundogak
  • Game On 1