LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox Freezing up when in goes in out and focus

Hades

Is there a fix for this issue? Sometimes if something pops up and switches focus and you switch back to Bigbox it becomes unresponsive. It is similar to the issue here and I end up having to kill it. I can't be the only one with this issue.  

Only report issue I've heard recently about this being an issue is with the ROG Ally when armory crate takes focus after a game or emulator closes. Are you running into this one a non-Ally device? Is there a game or application that seems to cause the issue the most?

10 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Only report issue I've heard recently about this being an issue is with the ROG Ally when armory crate takes focus after a game or emulator closes. Are you running into this one a non-Ally device? Is there a game or application that seems to cause the issue the most?

OXP2 user here and if BB loses focus running a Mame game it locks up hard. I cannot do anything but hard power down as the touchscreen is dead. If I have a keyboard attached, I am able to bring up task bar and end BB but the service remains running and has to be ended via task manager. If I disable RTSS it no longer locks up. Not that I need RTSS running for Mame, but it's too easy to forget to shut off before launching Mame. 
However I do now notice there's 4 windows present via ALT+tab. LAunchbox, launchbox game startup window, mame with game running and a CMD for mame thats blank if everything works ok and if not will state a specific rom isn;t present and may not run correctly or an issue with hiscore was found. Clearly thats a mame thing but losing focus causes LB/BB to focus on that Mame CMD window and I have to ALT+TAB to get back to the the MAME game itself. Disabling/enabling startup screen options doesn;t make a difference. The focus still goes to mames running "status" CMD window. I guess if you don't need to change TDP there's no reason for Mame to lose focus and makes all of this null and void lol

Edited by CLE

On 6/27/2023 at 8:50 AM, C-Beats said:

Thanks for this. May be onto something with the startup/pause processes still running. I'll see if I can use that to attempt to replicate the issue.

I am noticing this behavior as well on the latest release on my arcade cabinet build and my ROG Ally *without* any ASUS bloatware installed.

Edited by Hifihedgehog