LaunchBox Community Forums

Jump-to-letter feature doesn't work on console category

pinellos

Hello, 

I have a Little issue Whit Launchbox for Android: in any system on 'console' category the 'jump to letter' feature Isn't working yet, bring me to the last item on the list for every letter' i'm choosing. Systems that are not in 'console' category works fine, i can Jump to letter if i'm browsing handheld console, computers or arcade roms, the problemi seems to be only in console category... Please help me!

Edited by pinellos

• pinellos changed the title to Jump-to-letter feature doesn't work on console category
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve had the same happen to me lately too. When I try to jump to any letter, it takes me straight down to the bottom of the list. I can go to the top of the list if I jump to the star (favorite) icon. But nothing in between. 

I haven’t been able to figure out the trigger, and it doesn’t happen for every platform, but once it starts happening, I can’t seem to get it to behave normally again. (And I haven’t brought myself to clearing the list and re-adding because I don’t want to scrape all that data again. 🙂)

Interestingly, if I change the sort order to descending, the letter jump feature works fine again. But switch it back to normal sort and it breaks again. 

Happy to try stuff to gather more info if useful. I turned on debug logging but didn’t see anything relating to this issue in there. 

Sort by is usually always by Title ascending (A-Z; arrow pointing down). 

I decided to play around a bit. I *think* (but have not confirmed) that this only happens on systems that I have favorites set. So I went to WonderSwan Color, where I have no favorites set. Jump to letter “F”, and it jumps to Final Fantasy 1. Favorite that one, then back out and re-enter WSC. Try to jump to “F” again and it jumps to Final Fantasy 2, skipping the first. If I keep favoriting, I can get it to sequentially skip all of those games.

So, similar, but different behavior. It skips games in the list, but not all the way to the bottom like many of my other platforms. Not sure if that helps much or not, but might be a breadcrumb on the way to figuring it out? I do not have the option toggled to show favorites first, for what that’s worth. 

Edit: Looks like favorites may not be the root cause. I have no faves (yet!) for TG16, yet the skip-to-bottom behavior happens there. Still playing with things to see if I can find something different between systems it works fine with vs. not. 

Edit 2:

I think I’ve got it. Every Console platform has this issue. But *only* when “Start with platform categories” is enabled in options. If I turn that off, everything works as expected. Flip it back on, the sort problem returns. Not sure what that’s got to do with it, but I can consistently repro now by doing that. HTH!

Edited by bsharp
Adding info (again!)