LaunchBox Community Forums

IsoEnablerForRPCS3

IsoEnablerForRPCS3

View File

It's basic as it get, and there is probably ton of similar tools around but mine is really "fire & forget"
So, you extract the archive somewhere, you execute IsoEnablerForRPCS3.exe to register it and that's it.
There is no launcher, no menu, nothing, if you want to unregister, you click again on IsoEnablerForRPCS3.exe

To use it ? You just use rpcs3.exe as usual, except that now, if you use an iso as an argument, it will just work (mounting the iso thought powershell)

Works only with decrypted iso.
I make mine from jbfolder with makeps3iso. ( https://github.com/bucanero/ps3iso-utils/tree/master )
Also, not included in this release, but i package updates DLC and rap files inside a folder called UPDATES_AND_DLC that i put inside my iso file, dlc package have name that start with "DLC--".
I'm telling this because i plan to add an option to auto install updates & dlc in a future rlz.

Not compatible with BigBoxProfile because it use the same trick to hijack the process, (i will update BBProfile it to include that as a module)

• 2 months later...

click again on the app uninstall it.
If you want to manually do it, you can delete in the registery : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\rpcs3.exe
But can you tell me what kind of event led to this error ? I mean, my app use the iso only when you launch them with rpcs3, so i don't really understand your issue.

• 2 months later...

Someone pointed me to this wonderful sounding tool earlier today, but for the life of me I can't get it to work. I feel like I'm missing something that's probably right in front of me.

• I downloaded the .zip
  • Extracted it.
  • Double-Click IsoEnablerForRPCS3.exe
  • ...and then nothing happens.

I checked task manager, and for a split second this consent.exe process comes up, but that's the only evidence I clicked on anything:

image.thumb.png.463cfce1bdb3c738f15840076111244c.png

After that, I tried launching an ISO from Launchbox and all it does is open RPCS3 and sit there.

I tried it a few times, since you've mentioned double-clicking a second time would disable it.

Nothing I do seems to do anything though.