LaunchBox Community Forums

AHK workflow that ON-DEMAND extract, decrypt, mount, and run your PS3 ISO

dsync89

Hey guys, just created a fully automated AHK workflow that ON-DEMAND extract your zipped PS3 Encrypted ISO (such as the one downloaded from Erista) from remote storage (e.g. NAS) to your local drive, then decrypt and mount to VirtualDrive. Finally start RPCS3 PS3 Emulator. The AHK script is readily integrated with your favorite frontend such as Launchbox! It also work independently by simply double clicking the AHK script.

https://github.com/dsync89/rpcs3-auto-decrypt-ahk

This is only needed because RPCS3 expect loading a decrypted ROM, instead of giving it disc encryption key and expect it to handle the rest 😛

Interesting, but i see no point to store ps3 iso in encrypted format in the first place.
A jailbroken console can read ps3 unencrypted iso just fine, and it make things easier to just store your collection as unencrypted iso.

Edited by Nixx

Yea agreed. This is for those that download PS3 ISO from Preservation Project and have a DAT that maintain checksums for direct disc dump for preservation/archive purpose, but still wanted to play it. I personally chose to go with this route since I would like to have direct dump from the disc itself, and decrypt on demand for those games that I would like to play.