LaunchBox Community Forums

LinkToSSD

View File

It's a side project, no fully tested, done quickly while on vacation.

So, at home, i have all my windows games manually installed on my H drive, it's a slow HDD drive. I added them one by one in launchbox.
Now, for some games, especially recent one, running them from a slow hdd is not great. But for organisation purpose, i prefer to keep them all here.

So, with this plugin, i can set some path on my nvme drive and ssd, and with a click in launchbox, it will copy the game to the SSD, rename the original folder adding ".original" at the end of the folder name and make a junction link from my ssd to the original folder.

On restore, if needed, you have the choice to just restore the original folder, or replicate files change (like if some files where added, removed or modified while the game is on your ssd).

That way, all my games are stored one one folder in one drive, if i plan to play an heavy game seriously, i can speed it up by moving it to a quicker drive and link it back.

Note :

- You need launchbox >= 13.5
- The plugin will use your game "Root Folder" as registered in launchbox, so if you manually add a game with an application path like : F:/game/SuperFPS/bin/superfps.exe the default "Root Folder" in launchbox will be "F:/game/SuperFPS/bin", in that case, be sure to edit your Root Folder to "F:/game/SuperFPS"