LaunchBox Community Forums

No inputs mapped when launching from BigBox

FormulaFox

Hey everyone, having a bit of a weird issue here... I'm setting up Launchbox/BigBox on a new arcade cab, and like the title says, no input controls are mapped when launched from BigBox.

So I predominantly use Retroarch for everything, and in Retroarch all the inputs are set up as I prefer.

If I launch a game in Retroarch, everything works.

If I launch a game through Launchbox, everything works.

If I launch a game through BigBox, the only thing I can do is press Escape on the keyboard to exit the game. I can't load the Retroarch menu(even with the default keyboard command), I cannot control the games, nothing. It's as if the only thing hooked up is a big giant CLOSE button.

Not even sure where to start looking for a solution to the problem. I was under the impression the Launchbox setups carried over to BigBox, so its weird that all the right settings load in Launchbox but not BigBox.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably aren't getting any replies because this report REALLY doesn't make too much sense. Launching logic is literally the same exact call from LaunchBox or Big Box and so I'm not sure how something like that would happen. Are you running any plugins? If so I'd remove them and try again and see if you run into the issue. I know in the past we've had a few community plugins cause unforeseen issues launching games.