LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch & Reshade Shaders

Special T

I got all my RetroArch consoles up and running with my favorite shader which is from Sonkun's shader pack.

If you're not familiar with this shader pack feel free to check out these brief videos here & here

This shader works great for all RetroArch consoles but for any stand alone emulator I've tried using Reshade.

I haven't found a good shader within Reshade. All the ones I've found for Reshade either make the image to dark or don't properly display the dithering effect used in some games (look at the grey bottom area of the attached images below Bowser, Peach, and Yoshi).

Does anyone have any suggestions on Reshade shaders that can produce a similar result to Sonkun's shaders from RetroArch or does anyone know how to port RetroArch shaders into Reshade?

Lastly, not sure if this will be needed by I'm using a 1080p monitor and the specific shader I use in Sonkun's pack is 

Sonkun -> Scalefx-Presets -> Slot-Mask -> Flat-Screen -> 1080p -> 03-crt-guest-advanced-hd-slot-mask-neutral-rf-ntsc-3-phase.slangp

Mario Kart (no filter).png

Mario Kart (Reshade scanline Shader).png

Mario Kart (RetroArch Sonkun Shader).png