LaunchBox Community Forums

Ares and full screen error

Special T

As far as I can tell, the emulator doesn't recognize "Esc" as a way to exit a game so I added this to the running script section

$Esc::

WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}

The Esc button now works perfectly and closes the emulator however if I want the game to automatically start in full screen I have to add "--fullscreen" to the Default Command-Line Parameters section of LaunchBox so the Sample Command now reads

ares.exe --fullscreen "FULL\PATH\TO\ROM\FILE"

For some reason, after I added the full screen parameter, it now causes two instances of the ares emulator to populate. If I press the ESC key, it will close out of one instance and then the 2nd one freezes causing me to have to have to access task manager to close out.

Does anyone know of a different way to make ares start in full screen so it doesn't cause a second instance of the emulator to generate?

Ok so I figured out how to quit the emulator without using the special script within LaunchBox.

I edited line 253 in the setting.bml file within the ares folder to the following text

"QuitEmulator: 0x1/0/0;;"

That fixed my problem, I can press Esc now and it closes the emulator properly.

My only other question with this emulator is when I launch a game through LaunchBox, this window pops up for approximately 5 seconds before the game loads into full screen. Is there a way to suppress this window from popping up or have it automatically minimize so it's not seen before the game loads?

Thanks for anyone that's able to help.

image.thumb.png.57ecd3f64a43407a16eb62a6d0937b4f.png