LaunchBox Community Forums

Installed/not installed/not imported issues

chu2rocket

Before I report anything, I'd like to check if these are known issues.  My Launchbox (13.6, downloaded today) is confused about which programs are installed.  Some installed programs are not showing up in the Installed/Yes view, there's one that's still showing despite having been uninstalled, and there are three installed Steam games that didn't even get imported (just tried again, no luck).  Does any of this sound familiar?  It's been going on for quite some time now, so waiting for a fix didn't help.  😉

The install check looks at local files/registry (depending on the storefront). It's possible something didn't get cleaned up correctly after you uninstalled the game. Do you have an example of a game and what storefront it is? I can take a look at the code and find out where we are looking so you can check.

From Steam, Creeping Deck Demo, The Last Campfire Demo, and Spiritfarer Demo are not imported at all.  From Epic, Crying Suns Demo was uninstalled but remains in the Installed/Yes view... except it just vanished from there after I inspected it..?

The two titles that are imported but don't show, one each from Steam and Epic, are games which I also own on Amazon.  Instead of allowing me to play them via <ctl-P>, there is a "Play version..." menu  (andf also with only one version in it.  For each, there is a menu option to install, clicking these brings up the Amazon Games app.

Some of this I just figured out, but at least we have some idea what's going on now.

There is another game I own on both Epic and Amazon, but neither version is installed.  Clicking Install on his starts the install process on Epic.  Isearched and found a game I own on both Steam and Amazon, clicking Install on this starts the insttall process on Steam.  It is possible to install the Amazon versions, as a second level option.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

19 hours ago, chu2rocket said:

From Steam, Creeping Deck Demo, The Last Campfire Demo, and Spiritfarer Demo are not imported at all.  From Epic, Crying Suns Demo was uninstalled but remains in the Installed/Yes view... except it just vanished from there after I inspected it..?

The two titles that are imported but don't show, one each from Steam and Epic, are games which I also own on Amazon.  Instead of allowing me to play them via <ctl-P>, there is a "Play version..." menu  (andf also with only one version in it.  For each, there is a menu option to install, clicking these brings up the Amazon Games app.

Some of this I just figured out, but at least we have some idea what's going on now.

There is another game I own on both Epic and Amazon, but neither version is installed.  Clicking Install on his starts the install process on Epic.  Isearched and found a game I own on both Steam and Amazon, clicking Install on this starts the insttall process on Steam.  It is possible to install the Amazon versions, as a second level option.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

There is a Manage Installations section of the context menu within LaunchBox that should let you pick which version you wish to install. I believe we also added that functionality to GameDetails in the Default theme of LaunchBox with a drop down next to the Play/Install button.