LaunchBox Community Forums

Exiting emulators in Big Box

fleegerc

I am struggling exiting emulators in Big Box.  I am using an xbox one controller.  I set exit to button 7 and 8 but it does absolutely nothing.  I also tried setting the close active window to that and it still does nothing in any of my emulators.  If I hit the Xbox main button then the emulator pauses and I can't get out of that to save my life.  I have to use my keyboard to force exit of Big Box.  I can only exit an emulator with my keyboard by pressing exit twice.  But if I hit the xbox button and it pauses then that doesn't even work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

12 minutes ago, fleegerc said:

I am struggling exiting emulators in Big Box.  I am using an xbox one controller.  I set exit to button 7 and 8 but it does absolutely nothing.  I also tried setting the close active window to that and it still does nothing in any of my emulators.  If I hit the Xbox main button then the emulator pauses and I can't get out of that to save my life.  I have to use my keyboard to force exit of Big Box.  I can only exit an emulator with my keyboard by pressing exit twice.  But if I hit the xbox button and it pauses then that doesn't even work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In BB the binding you need to use is the "Close Active" window one. Which you said you tried. 

Best recommendation if pick one emulator you are having issue with and let us know which one. share pics of the following:

In BB share a pic of the bindings you mapped to close the game

In LB >Tools >Manage >Emulators and edit that emulator. Share a pic of the Details tab and the Running AHK tab. 

Ok so I went and set the Xbox button to do the pause screen to exit the game which I really love.  I couldn't get the other method to work anyways.  But now when I hit the Xbox button the context menu comes up as well in the background.  I think I have the context menu set to nothing in both LB and BB.  I am so lost right now.  I hate that it does that.  I tried to set the context menu to come up when I hit the start and select buttons at the same time but that wouldn't work.  Now they are set to nothing and it still comes up in the background.  Any help?!  I attached a video and pictures of it.  Sorry I took them on my phone the screenshot wasn't working on my computer for some reason.  

IMG_8216.HEIC IMG_8218.HEIC IMG_8219.HEIC

you have the same button assigned to multiple different actions. "context menu" sounds like you're referring to Retroarch's menu. it is by default opened by the Xbox guide button on one of those controllers and F1 on a keyboard.

1 hour ago, fleegerc said:

I am so lost right now

with that said, you really should watch a noober youtube video on Retroarch. something that will get you up to speed on stuff as basic as knowing where the controls options are and other settings you should be familiar with like hotkeys to open the menu. what you need to do is to change the hotkey to open Retroarch's menu or reassign a different button (or button combo) in LB/BB to bring up the frontend's pause menu if you don't want what is currently happening to continue.