LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box 13.8 crashing on only one platform in platform view

Surfdeign

Hello,

Big Box is crashing in the platform view only when Nintendo Switch (should not matter the name but it's just this one platform) is selected. Using my own theme that has no issues with other platforms. Wondering if something in the metadata would cause this? Error below:

Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

App:     Big Box
Version: 13.8
Theme:   Simple Vision
Type:    System.OverflowException
Site:    Int32 Sum[TSource](System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[TSource], System.Func`2[TSource,System.Int32])
Source:  System.Linq

at System.Linq.Enumerable.Sum[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 selector)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.FilterDetailsViewModel.PopFactory(IPlatform info, IEnumerable`1 caller)
   at ObjectRef.AssetRole(Object , IPlatform info, IEnumerable`1 caller, ObjectRef )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.FilterDetailsViewModel..ctor(Platform platform, IEnumerable`1 games)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.PlatformFiltersViewModelBase.LoadDetails(Guid instance)
   at ErrorMock.AssetRole(Object , Guid instance, ErrorMock )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.FiltersViewModelBase.<>c__DisplayClass222_0.StopAuthentication()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

Recent Log:

4:59:43 PM Exception

Thanks,

Error is saying that it tried to add up a bunch of a numbers from one of the fields on your game and ran out of fingers to count on. Typically this happens if you have a playtime or play count number that is far larger than humanly possible for some reason. I'd launch LaunchBox and then select that platform and take a look at the platform details and see if one of the fields displayed there is far too large. If so then use list view or audit to find which game is cranking that number so high and correct it. In the meantime I've left myself a note to take a look at that call and see if we can "give the computer more fingers to count with" in that function.