LaunchBox Community Forums

PS3 will not run in LaunchBox

dsj41

I'm new to LaunchBox, actually PC gaming altogether.  I have inported several PS3 games into LaunchBox.  The will not boot from LaunchBox but work fine using rpcs3.exe. They all get stuck with "Building SPU cache...".  What should I try to resolve this?  Thanks.

PS2_Stalled.png

47 minutes ago, dsj41 said:

I'm new to LaunchBox, actually PC gaming altogether.  I have inported several PS3 games into LaunchBox.  The will not boot from LaunchBox but work fine using rpcs3.exe. They all get stuck with "Building SPU cache...".  What should I try to resolve this?  Thanks.

PS2_Stalled.png

I just added this system and games. I just added the eboot.bin from the games folder and everything loads fine. If it works outside Launchbox it should work in Launchbox which makes me think you’re calling for the wrong file to be loaded? I’m no expert though 

Just getting back to this.  I deleted everything in the games/Sony PlayStation 3 folder, then copied all my ps3 game folders there, deleted the Sony PlayStation 3 console and reimported the games from there.  Worked like a charm!  Thanks guys for your help!!