LaunchBox Community Forums

how to change core? within a platform?

Moca

How do I use another core within the same platform, e.g.:
I have Mame using the mame2003plus core, but some roms only work with the mame2010 core.
How do I assign nucleo2010 to a specific Rom?
Is it also possible to create a customized platform with several Roms from different emulators and cores? like a "favorite" platform?
in advance, thank you very much

Edited by Moca

• Moca changed the title to how to change core? within a platform?

Another example, I want to create a platform just for MortalKombat games, but when selecting the Roms, LB asks for the emulator (I select Retroarch), but the core I can only select one, as there are several Roms, both Snes and Mega.
If anyone has already done something similar and can help me,
thank you very much

mk.jpg

I didn't know what this playlist had or how it worked, I really liked it, it's really simpler,
but one thing I couldn't do is make the "playlist" visible as if it were a platform, primarily to be viewed on BB, instead of having to select the options to view the "playlist"
Is it possible to make my playlist visible along with the platforms in BigBox? ?

Note: I DISCOVERED, I managed to do it, appear on a platform, it was a show. Thank you for the tip

Edited by Moca

10 hours ago, C-Beats said:

You can change which emulator a game uses via the Edit Game window, though at the moment I'm a bit confused as to why you're importing to a MK platform instead of just using a playlist.

the playlist was amazing, thank you very much for the tip,,
  One thing I wanted to learn is about cores, I created the platform for Mame and selected the MAME2010 core, and there are games that were imported that run with MAME2003PLUS cores, and vice versa,
Is it possible to configure a core for a specific game?
In the image below, I mentioned an example, the selected game only opens with MAME2003Plus, but I couldn't select it or leave it already selected,,
and if I go to the MAME platform and change the core it will change globally, then the Roms that open with the MAME2010 core will not open
Could you advise me if this feature is possible?

core.jpg

7 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Select the game and press Ctrl+E to open the Edit Game window and then go to Launching > Emulation and change the emulator there. Should look like the following:
image.thumb.png.57ff34b873ff4c72b6be1102094908c8.png

Yes . That's where you change the Emulator, but you don't have the option to change its core,
As I said before, the Retroarch emulator is the same, but some games run with different cores,
example from Mame:
   core MAME 2000/MAME2003-plus/MAME2010 / etc...
It would be interesting if there was this option also in the LB to select, per game.
The option to select the core is just time to import the Rom to the desired platform.
but that's ok.. the way I managed was to install more than 1 Retroarch on the PC and let the core setup be configured for each..
thank you very much ..

30 minutes ago, Moca said:

That's where you change the Emulator, but you don't have the option to change its core,

granted there is not a "change core" drop down menu or whatever you think it should be, this IS where you can change the core. you need to do it with the custom command lines field

-L parameter is what you will use to set the different core. use whatever command line you need to, but basic syntax is as follows

"C:\Path\to\retroarch.exe" -L “C:\Path\To\core.dll” “C:\Path\To\Game.rom”

Real life example

"D:\Arcade\Emulators\Retroarch\retroarch.exe" -L "D:\Arcade\Emulators\Retroarch\cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll" "D:\Arcade\ROMS\Sega Genesis\Sonic Spinball (USA).zip"

Alternatively you can setup a separate instance of the platform in the Associated Platform list. This will give you different core options when right clicking on an entry in LB or using "play with" option in Big Box

Same idea, but different approach, is setup a separate instance of the emulator all together and assign the different core

There are multiple ways to do what you want, so pick which ever one you want. The end will be the same, allowing you to launch the game with a different  core

44 minutes ago, Moca said:

the way I managed was to install more than 1 Retroarch on the PC and let the core setup be configured for each..

having multiple instances of the emulator installed doesn't make sense unless you have a specific need for that. what you have described so far, there is no justification for you to do that. use one of the intended ways instead. you can have multiple instances of the same emulator in the emulator list  and assign different cores that way (the 3rd method I mentioned above)....but actually installing multiple instances of the emulator is not required in any of these scenarios.

15 hours ago, skizzosjt said:

desde que não haja um menu suspenso "alterar núcleo" ou o que você acha que deveria ser, é aqui que você pode alterar o núcleo. você precisa fazer isso com o campo de linhas de comando personalizado

O parâmetro -L é o que você usará para definir os diferentes núcleos. use qualquer linha de comando necessária, mas a sintaxe básica é a seguinte

Exemplo da vida real

Alternativamente, você pode configurar uma instância separada da plataforma na lista Plataformas Associadas. Isso lhe dará diferentes opções básicas ao clicar com o botão direito em uma entrada no LB ou usar a opção "jogar com" no Big Box

A mesma ideia, mas com abordagem diferente, é configurar uma instância separada do emulador e atribuir o núcleo diferente

Existem várias maneiras de fazer o que você deseja, então escolha a que deseja. O final será o mesmo, permitindo iniciar o jogo com um núcleo diferente

ter várias instâncias do emulador instaladas não faz sentido, a menos que você tenha uma necessidade específica disso. o que você descreveu até agora, não há justificativa para você fazer isso. use uma das formas pretendidas. você pode ter várias instâncias do mesmo emulador na lista de emuladores e atribuir núcleos diferentes dessa forma (o terceiro método que mencionei acima)... mas na verdade a instalação de várias instâncias do emulador não é necessária em nenhum desses cenários.

It was perfect, that's what I needed, thank you very much, it solved my problem,
I didn't imagine this -L , in the parameter line.
I had created a second Retroarch, because it was the only thing that came to mind.
But it worked, now I can do it, and I understand how to change the cores.
thank you very much .
Semttulo.thumb.jpg.dd97d2e0a02e978e3987a743648411a9.jpg

Edited by Moca
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1