LaunchBox Community Forums

CXBX ISO support with PowerShell (requires: Dokan V2 & Xbox-iso-vfs)

This is a basic Script that mounts XISO using xbox-iso-vfs  and Dokan v2, so that you can use CXBX-Reloaded with ISO's

As i have been using Xemu as a daily driver i always like to check in with the other Emulators out there, as updates are happening quickly, i did not want to have an extracted ISO folder and an ISO folder, so this was my solution to have my cake and eat it too!

I used the excellent RPCS3-ISOLauncher as a base. (https://github.com/ptmorris1/RPCS3-ISOLauncher-Launchbox)
And of course https://github.com/x1nixmzeng/xbox-iso-vfs

A massive thank you to ptmorris1 and to x1nixmzeng  and @LukeUsher (for CXBX-Reloaded )

Installation

1. Download Dokan v2 - x64/x86 or all releases
  2. Run the Dokan installer
  3. Download xbox-iso-vfs - latest version

Posted Below is the Script for any Powershell Experts out there (please note i am not one of them 😄)

# Will get ISO param from Launchbox
param (
    [Parameter(Mandatory=$true)]
    [string]$ISOpath
)

# Put script in same folder as cxbxr-ldr.exe or change to direct path
$cxbcr = "D:\Emulators\CXBX\cxbxr-ldr.exe"
$command = "D:\Emulators\CXBX\xbox-iso-vfs.exe"
$drive = "S:"

# Created the $path variable to the default.xbefile for lanching in Cxbx-Reloaded
Start-Process -FilePath $command -ArgumentList `"$ISOpath`", $drive -NoNewWindow:$false
# Created the $path variable to the default.xbe file for lanching in Cxbx-Reloaded
Start-Sleep -Seconds 2
# Created the $path variable to the default.xbe file for lanching in Cxbx-Reloaded
$path = "$drive\default.xbe"
# Lanches Cxbx-Reloaded with default.xbe path
& $cxbcr /load $path
# sleeps 2 seconds until Cxbx-Reloaded has a chance to start
Start-Sleep -Seconds 2
# Waits for cxbx to be closed
Wait-Process cxbx
Stop-Process -Name xbox-iso-vfs

Some items to update before using , these are mandatory (unless your setup is exactly like mine, then full steam ahead!)

$cxbcr = (Update to your Location of CXBX-Reloaded)
$command = (Update to your location of xbox-iso-vfs)
$drive = (which ever drive you would like to mount your XISO to)

Just like the RPCS3-ISOLauncher, this will mount the ISO launch CXBX-Reloaded and once you exit it will release the mount and close it self

Usage:

1. Download Dokan V2 & Xbox-iso-vfs with Links Provided, Download and this Script from Here

2. Modify Powershell Script to reference your locations and timings

$cxbcr = "This will be the location of you CXBX-Reloader Location (cxbxr-ldr.exe)"
    $command = "This will be the location of you xbox-iso-vfs Location (xbox-iso-vfs.exe)"
    $drive = "This will be the Drive Letter of your choice (S:)"

Depending on Your System specification you can modify the Start-Sleep to be quicker than 2 seconds or Longer

3. Setup Launch box emulator like below screenshot.

image.thumb.png.5644cfefd67af3765d92d7c477f616ac.png

(Emulator name can be whatever you want.)

Set application path to Powershell.exe. (Make your choice based on whichever you Prefer)

Powershell 7 application path - Must be installed
    C:\Program Files\PowerShell\7\pwsh.exe

WindowsPowershell application path - Built into Windows

C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe

Default Command-Line Parameters:

-noprofile -executionpolicy bypass -WindowStyle hidden -file "Update to your location\CXBX-ISO-LaunchBox.ps1"

Please note after this will be your location you have the powershell Script

4. Make sure to associate with platform tab:  Microsoft Xbox (or What ever you have this set too)

image.thumb.png.cf9950084f09e63d78a9f8972cc982e7.png

5. This will allow you to Right Click on a Game and and Select your Alternative Emulator

image.thumb.png.390d3b7ee50d0088f8c4547265ae9d95.png

6. Start playing ISO games with CXBX-Reloaded under Launchbox!

CXBX-ISO-LaunchBox.zip

Edited by Raindupon
Punctuation
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Only a pleasure, right now at this moment I think that Xemu is in the lead of terms of compatibility, and honestly I haven’t messed around with enough games to say that this game may run better on CXBXR than Xemu, and that’s why I created and shared this so that anyone, myself included, could start testing more thoroughly 

• Like 2