LaunchBox Community Forums

Entire Games Collection removed from Launchbox on loading today??????

dudechester

Having spent a month setting up a very neat n tidy Launchbox collection of my favourite games for each type of console, this morning I loaded up Launchbox to find that whilst all the games still exist in their folders, all the emulators and platforms are still there, but all games have been removed from Launchbox........

Not really certain WHY did all my hard work putting games into the front end just vanish ?

(Windows version)

Edited by dudechester

The only thing I can think of, is by default, after you delete all games of a platform, the platform category defaults to ALL and that in turn killed my collection where somehow it deleted the full selection (a bit dangerous really to have ALL in the list) I'll disable that now.

There could be a useful warning if you are deleting anything whilst the ALL selection is highlighted too. That'd prevent many peoples accidental sufferings. ;)

I went to the backup and drag dropped the previous file which was the largest in size as that was obviously the last time where all my collection was organised and complete. That resolves the issue, but would be good to have "Something" in place, especially since other people in my family play my collection too :)

5 hours ago, dudechester said:

The only thing I can think of, is by default, after you delete all games of a platform, the platform category defaults to ALL and that in turn killed my collection where somehow it deleted the full selection (a bit dangerous really to have ALL in the list) I'll disable that now.

While you are correct, that if you delete all games from a platform LB removes that platform then it sets the view to "All" level, that in itself does not then delete the whole library. I have done this numerous times and even retested it before this post. Something else had to happen. Typically when we see missing games or data the user has other platform files in the \Data\Platform folder that are causing issues. Some users make duplicate or backups of those \Data\Platform files and leave them in that folder and causes issues similar to this. Another common issue for this is a user using a sync or cloud service and that was causing sync issues.