LaunchBox Community Forums

Change side bar default sorting? [SOLVED]

ichimitch

Every time I open Launchbox the side bar goes back to sorting by 'Platform Category'.  I don't like this 😑

How can I either:

Set LB to remember how I chose to sort things

OR

Change the default from 'Platform Category' to something other

Thanks

Edited by ichimitch

• ichimitch changed the title to Change side bar default sorting? [SOLVED]
2 hours ago, ichimitch said:

Went to properties on the executable and set to always run as administrator. Now the preference is saving/persistent  🤷‍♂️

Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Sounds like your user account doesn't have the proper write permissions to the folder LaunchBox is in then. I will say running as admin can cause other problems related to relative pathing though down the line so I'd suggest moving your install to another location without the permission issues.

On 11/28/2023 at 11:39 PM, C-Beats said:

Sounds like your user account doesn't have the proper write permissions to the folder LaunchBox is in then. I will say running as admin can cause other problems related to relative pathing though down the line so I'd suggest moving your install to another location without the permission issues.

The mini-PC I recently purchased came preinstalled with Windows 11. It's my first time using it but since I didn't have to install it myself, I thought I'd give it a go. Verdict: I loathe it... 

I've since installed Windows 10 LTSC. Got rid of my Win 11 problem and its permissions problem at the same time.

I know that support for Windows 10 is running short... But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Win 11 is an abomination.