LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroAchievements (badges and achievements in sidebar) only showing for NES games, nothing else. Launchbox 13.9.

SaiyanSenpai

Yes, I've searched the forums for this issue already.
Yes, I've reset my API key on RetroAchievements website, updated that into LB, and rescanned.
Yes, retroachievements are showing up properly in RetroArch for the other games and systems that I have checked. Seem to show and even unlock on the games I took the time to try.

I just can't seem to get Launchbox to link retroachievements to any system outside of the NES. Badges and achievements list on the sidebar, for the NES, are showing just fine. But its like Launchbox thinks they don't exist for any other systems. Achievement badges aren't showing up despite the option being checked and achievements aren't showing up in the list on the sidebar. Anyone else having this issue? Possible fixes? Thank you in advance.

We use the hash application to get the information regarding what the file hash is and so that isn't logic from us. First thing I'd do is review your platform and make sure if it's a custom name (like SNES for example) that the Scrape As value on the platform is properly set.

I just checked the Scrape As values and it all looks to be in order. For example, SNES platform scrape as value is set to "Super Nintendo Entertainment System", Sega Dreamcast is set to "Sega Dreamcast." etc.

I also just got the notice that 13.10 is ready to download and install, so I did that. Still no change. I'm stumped.

If that's the case you can look in your XML files and delete lines that say "<RetroAchievementsHash>COULDNTFILEHASH</RetroAchievementsHash>" (without quotes) and then run the scan again. That way you don't have to reimport and potentially lose data you put in your library.

• 2 months later...

Sorry  to bump this old post, but I am having the same issue (however it is broken for ALL platforms). Removing the noted lines from the xml files and re-scanning does not fix the issue for me. When I re-scan, it still adds the COULDNTFILEHASH to the xml. It does, however, work properly on the other machine I have running launchbox. As a temporary workaround, I just copied the xml files from the working machine over, but this is not a permanent solution. I am running the latest version of launchbox as of the date of this post. Any advice on how to fix?

Edited by cyborgamer