LaunchBox Community Forums

Is Launchbox portable?

strich

LB itself is relatively portable assuming you have the required files needed by LB already installed. You also to make sure your drive mapping across all computers is the same. For example, I run mine off a "G" Drive and map those accordingly on any other computers. LB has a feature to move things to to another drive. I have never used as I had setup LB initially on separate drive.

However, you have the emulators to contend with to make sure setup in portable configuration. LB has no control over those and although LB may run fine the emulator may crunch if not setup correctly.  Most emulators can be setup as portable installs although some require you to make an conscious decision to do so when you install them.  Others such as (off top of my head) things like Future Pinball and Visual Pinball require windows installations although the files such as tables/media can be on remote drive. You also have to make sure you are running any other computers in similar a configuration as to what the emulators were setup for things such as monitor resolution or you may have issues moving back and forth between other systems. 

• Like 1