LaunchBox Community Forums

3d Box art mixup. trying to fix it

DannyShane

Hello,  awhile back (1 or 2 years ago), I had did something to get rid of duplicate images etc.. I dont even recall what it was  But it seemed to get rid of a lot of 3d box art.  Alot of my games now just show the back of the box when i select "View > Image Group > 3d Boxes".     

Anyway,  I didnt do much about it back then.  So now Im wondering if there are any tips on how to get proper images back. 

So for example, I'm in launchbox, I click on asteroids (arcade),   It is showing the 'back' of the 3d box (instead of front). I clicked on the EDIT>Imges>Downlod media and it downloaded the 2 images of the front of the 3D box.  

I also verified that it added those two image files to the directory :  Launchbox>Images>Arcade>Box-3D. 

It added them as Asteroids-02.png and Asteroids-03.png. --> The back of the 3d box (i already had) is Asteroids-01.png.

I assume Launchbox displays  ~01.png as the image when selecting 3d boxes, so I will of course rename it. But just curious if there is another way? since I have entire collections with the wrong image. 

Would it be best to delete all of the images that are in the "Box-3d" directory and then download new media and it will name the new media ~01.png for each game?  or am I going about this the wrong way? Thanks,  just diving back into all of this fun  :)

If you're referring to the rotating 3D Box, those are comprised of Back, Box - Front, Box - Spine (or Clear Logo) images. 

image.png.fc718bde29f81b5e91cc35614d99fa22.png

Alternately, if you can find them (i.e. at EmuMovies), they can use Box - Full.

If you're referring to the static 3D boxes (Box - 3D), those don't have backs.

Thanks for the reply.  

I was reffering to when in launhcbox and you set the "View > image group" to 3d boxes.   Mine shows a lot of the back of boxes instead of the front of the 3d boxes.  

And I renamed my new 3d box file to ~01.png but it didnt change.  so im still lost. lol 

Check in ToolsOptionsMedia3D Box Priorities.  See if you have something other than Box - 3D checked.  Then make sure Box - 3D is at the top of the list.

image.png.3de5569423a4292cdb74f76e59f6e3eb.png

If you have Image Group - 3D Boxes selected for the View, (with this [ugly] example), if a game has a Box-Back image, it will show that.  If no box-back (in the folder Back) exists for that game, it will show the Box-3D image. Assuming the game has an image in the Box-3D folder.  So make sure to move Box-3D to the top.  But should be there by default.

Then when that's all good and done, click MenuViewMediaRefresh All Images.

image.thumb.png.c05ec80e856437f211bb4e660bfa90ad.png