LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox scroll wheel images have black bar over them..

Hi, I'm new and haven't found any answers for the issue I've run into..  I've got Launchbox and Bigbox all setup with selecting and playing games.  I can even see all the images in the game preview screen.  However, the selection images (scroll wheel) are all covered with what looks like a black overlay..   It's like you can see the outside of the images, but inside is covered..  Has anyone else seen this??  I've attached a pic and you can see the outsides of the selection images in the yellow highlighted box..  Unfortunately this is happening on every theme I've tried..

Thanks for the help, this is the only thing keeping me from using BigBox..

BB Example hilite.jpg

Edited by Smackenroll

• Smackenroll changed the title to BigBox scroll wheel images have black bar over them..
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 7:20 PM, JoeViking245 said:

What do you have your display scaling set to (Windows Display Settings)?  If you set it 100%, does it still show the clear logos partially blacked (blocked) out?  Is the display resolution set to [whatever's] recommended?  (working on process of elimination)

Thanks for the reply.  I'll play with the display settings and see if that resolves the issue.  It's probably set to the recommended settings based on the screen resolution.  I'm wondering if it is some sort of video driver issue, although I believe it is up to date..  I'll let you know what I find out.  Thanks again!

• Like 1

I've played with all the display settings and the issue remains.  Everything is set to match screen resolution at 100% scaling.  I even tried some different resolutions and scaling just to see what would happen, but the problem remained.  Not really sure what else to do.  Here's a couple updated pictures of the issue.  You can see that the issue only affects the game titles wheel, notice how you can still see the color changing background working just fine it that same area of the screen.  Also, the second pictures shows that everything else seems to display fine without any issues..  Also, I've tried other themes and the problem still exists..  It simply has something to do with the the game title wheel..  If there is anything else I should try just let me know.  I appreciate the help!!

LB.jpg

LB1.jpg

Edited by Smackenroll

The 'good' screenshot you show is text vs images (Clear Logos). So if it was bad, then there'd really be issues. ;) 

You illuded towards that you tried the Default theme.  That was going to be my next suggestion (and the one recommended to do this type of debugging with).

If your Display settings are set to 100% and the 'Recommended' resolution, I'm inclined to lean towards it being a video-card-type issue.  RE: the recommended resolution thing, I recall on my new LG tv that when I first hooked my cab up to it, the recommended setting was something other than 1920x1080.  Without paying attention to what it was that 'it suggested', I switched it to 1920x1080.  Might be something else to look at.

What are your computer specs (including video card) that you have hooked to the TV?  I presume you're connecting via HDMI.?.  Does the PC you're using have its own monitor you can test on?  Does it show the same results?

does this got anything to do with Intel iGPU settings? I don't recall specifics but seems like when people get funny looking images there was advice to set anti-aliasing (or some similar setting) option to either on or off because having it on auto would create the issue.....stab in the dark here from me.

search found this post to clarify it for me. I couldn't remember that "nahimic" name either, but that def came to mind too when I saw this post. seems to always be connected to problems like this.

I'd verify your video drivers are up to date. If using a Intel integrated graphics card go into Intel's software and for LaunchBox/Big Box change the Anti-Aliasing setting from "Auto-Detect" to either off or on. Also verify you don't have a service called "nahimic" running in the services tab of Task Manager and shut it off if you do.

issue isn't the same in this thread, but I recall it impacting others similarly

search for "nahimic" finds this post - looks exactly like current users issue. so I'd follow this one's advice! update Intel iGPU drivers! or change from using iGPU to your dGPU if your system has one

Edited by skizzosjt