LaunchBox Community Forums

Save State Box Loading At Startup Of Mame Game

8 Bit Pixelater

Hi Guys/Girls

New here......Everytime i launch a game in Launchbox/Bigbox  there is a Box that appears with save state.

Is there a way of turning this off or am i not doing something correctly. BTW im using mame as the Emulator

P.S Jason your doing a fantastic job with the Frontend.

Regards

Scot

Can you share a screenshot of the 'Save State box'?  Can't I have ever seen that when launching a game.

Does it appear with any of the arcade games you launch?

If you run MAME by itself then start a game from it, does the box still appear?

When you installed MAME, did you have LaunchBox install it?  Or install it yourself from the file from MAMEDev?

hi JoeViking245

Thanks for the response, i tried uploading a picture but get this message

Sorry, an unknown server error occurred when uploading this file.
(Error code: - 200
The box appears when i launch games within launchbox and bigbox only after first launch of game.It does it to all games.
but does not do this when running games from mame itself.
Launchbox installed the mame emulator

hi JoeViking245

Thanks for the response, i tried uploading a picture but get this message
Sorry, an unknown server error occurred when uploading this file.
(Error code: - 200
The box appears when i launch games within launchbox and bigbox only after first launch of game.It does it to all games.
but does not do this when running games from mame itself.
Launchbox installed the mame emulator.

(Should be able to take a screenshot of the message by pressing "Print Screen", then [here] when typing your message, press Ctrl+V to paste the image)

I'm still not sure what the 'box with save state' is that's opening when you launch a game.  Does it say anything other than 'save state'?  Does it give you options to select a save state to load?  Or is it something you just have to click to close?  Or does it automatically close on its own?  Sorry. Again, I've just never seen anything related to 'save state' open when launching a game.

My next question was going to be if you could edit your MAME emulator (in LaunchBox) and share a screenshot of the Details section and one of the Running Script section.  If you have the Edit Emulator window open, you can take a screenshot of just that window by pressing Alt+PrintScreen.  And then press Ctrl+V in your message reply.

You know, they say a picture's worth a thousand words. ;) 

Well, looking at this last post, I might suggest keeping the cat from walking on the keyboard. ;) 

Missing the screenshot of the Details section.  Though not sure It's going to help much.  The screen that's popping up is triggered (by default) by pressing Shift+F7.  Not sure if it can be triggered by turning on AutoSave, especially when loading a game (vs exiting).

My next thought was maybe you have a key stuck on the keyboard.  But you'd have to have 2 stuck unless you remapped the default key press(es). Also, it'd trigger when loading from MAME itself.

If that doesn't lead you to any thoughts of possibly something you changed or may have done, you could ty doing a fresh install of MAME.  Beyond that, I'm out of ideas.

Hi All

Got this working now for some reason, In Core State /Playback Options Section in Mame.ini file, the State part of it was on 1 so turned this off to 0 and all works fine now.

Hope this helps.

Thanks JoeViking for the support.

#
# CORE STATE/PLAYBACK OPTIONS
#
state                     0
autosave                  0

• Game On 1