LaunchBox Community Forums

Early Access Yuzu problem with LaunchBox BigBox 13.10

oldgamer

this been driving me crazy from the start. can anyone pretty please help me with this Problem Im having with the early access Yuzu version with BigBox Please

I had done everything I could not get this work but nothing is working for me. I had done all the right command line and also the right script exit but I dont like it how is misbehaving....

its there a away where when I exit EA Yuzu goes to a Windows closed format I want it to close with out showing the window. here an Image what Im talking about....

image.thumb.png.4171d56291e446b837ed0b2d2e058545.png

once I hit the Exit key that happen and in a split sec the yuzu window closing but its showing the window closing.

but I dont want it to show its a window closing like that and is there anyways to close it and not show it on BigBox.. I am running my Viewlix Cabinet on a MiniPC Gaming setup.

I really dont want this window NOT TO show up when I close it. 😥

Edited by oldgamer

I noticed this has always been this emulators behavior for me regardless of whatever version I'm on, normal release or early access release. So, I see the same behavior as @oldgamer.

Regarding @Mainiack's setup. "Attempt to hide console window at startup/shutdown" doesn't make sense to use because that's for emulators that create a command line window and Yuzu doesn't do that. That setting is useful for an emulator like MAME which does create a command line (console) window. Regardless, checking or unchecking that doesn't impact this behavior. The only thing I see different from mine besides that is checking "Aggressive Startup Window Hiding" and that does not make any change to this behavior for me.

I do have a solution for this I've used before. You could use a script to bring the Shutdown Screen to the front and make it "AlwaysOnTop" and THEN exit the emulator. This way when it does go into a window for a split sec you don't see this happen. It will be instead hidden by the Shutdown Screen. So, with that said, I'm assuming you also use Startup and Shutdown screens or this plan falls apart. I did this trick for some other emulators in the past, but point being you can apply this same script to any other emulator that does this windowing at exit thing too.

Running Script

Esc::
WinSet, AlwaysOnTop, , LaunchBox Game Startup
Sleep, 500
WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}

Exit Script (for Pause Screen exiting)

Sleep, 500

Take note you will still have the emulator go into a window if you exit via some other hotkey or controller binding. So if you normally use Big Box's "close active window" controller binding for example, you would still see the emulator go to window when using that. You would have to make a script with a hotkey that is triggered by whatever controller button(s) being pushed in order for that exiting method to work hiding the windowing emulator. Alternatively, you could make a controller button send escape via a remapper and that would trigger the script in the Running Script field.  Here is an example of using the Guide button, double pressing it to activate the same running script, so this just makes the running script a little longer

CloseGame:
Sleep, 500
Return

vk07:: ;Xbox guide button
If (A_ThisHotkey = A_PriorHotkey && A_TimeSincePriorHotkey < 300)
	Goto, CloseGame

4 hours ago, Mainiack said:

Here are my settings for Yuzu EA, I don't have any troubles like your talking about. Might try matching what i have.

Details View.PNG

Running Script.PNG

Startup Screen.PNG

I have that same setup as yours and that did not do anything its still show the window a split sec. sorry

1 hour ago, skizzosjt said:

I noticed this has always been this emulators behavior for me regardless of whatever version I'm on, normal release or early access release. So, I see the same behavior as @oldgamer.

Regarding @Mainiack's setup. "Attempt to hide console window at startup/shutdown" doesn't make sense to use because that's for emulators that create a command line window and Yuzu doesn't do that. That setting is useful for an emulator like MAME which does create a command line (console) window. Regardless, checking or unchecking that doesn't impact this behavior. The only thing I see different from mine besides that is checking "Aggressive Startup Window Hiding" and that does not make any change to this behavior for me.

I do have a solution for this I've used before. You could use a script to bring the Shutdown Screen to the front and make it "AlwaysOnTop" and THEN exit the emulator. This way when it does go into a window for a split sec you don't see this happen. It will be instead hidden by the Shutdown Screen. So, with that said, I'm assuming you also use Startup and Shutdown screens or this plan falls apart. I did this trick for some other emulators in the past, but point being you can apply this same script to any other emulator that does this windowing at exit thing too.

Running Script

Sleep, 500

Exit Script (for Pause Screen exiting)

Sleep, 500

Take note you will still have the emulator go into a window if you exit via some other hotkey or controller binding. So if you normally use Big Box's "close active window" controller binding for example, you would still see the emulator go to window when using that. You would have to make a script with a hotkey that is triggered by whatever controller button(s) being pushed in order for that exiting method to work hiding the windowing emulator. Alternatively, you could make a controller button send escape via a remapper and that would trigger the script in the Running Script field.  Here is an example of using the Guide button, double pressing it to activate the same running script, so this just makes the running script a little longer

CloseGame:
Sleep, 500
Return

vk07:: ;Xbox guide button
If (A_ThisHotkey = A_PriorHotkey && A_TimeSincePriorHotkey < 300)
	Goto, CloseGame

OMG Thank you this is exactly work like a charm and did work 100% because when I close my game on my viewlix its did good job and i did not see that annoying window anymore THANK YOU