LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't change platform categories device image

Light Sock

Hello, I believe I tried everything but Big Box isn't clear as to giving us the information on where to put the custom data. Documentation is lacking.

I'm trying to add the platform categories images for the theme Colorful. I thought they would be there by default since they're in the theme Media/Hardware Set/* folder. But they're not.

I tried adding the images in Images/Platform Categories/CATEGORYNAME/Device/CATEGORYNAME.png and it's not working either.

image.thumb.png.2fbae675df7e5f35247605e69b0a1e74.png

Thank you for helping out.

check again on that documentation is lacking thought

image.thumb.png.c97d4ce04c4e8eab3914404eae2ecb25.png

The "device" images DO show up by default. No one has to do any editing or moving images around to get those to display. The theme works out of the box with no user intervention. Did you try and edit the theme yourself? 

1 hour ago, Light Sock said:

I tried adding the images in Images/Platform Categories/CATEGORYNAME/Device/CATEGORYNAME.png and it's not working either.

The correct folder is

\Images\Platform Categories\[Category Name]\Clear Logo

So for "Consoles" it would be

\Images\Platform Categories\Consoles\Clear Logo\Consoles.png

3 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

The correct folder is

\Images\Platform Categories\[Category Name]\Clear Logo

So for "Consoles" it would be

\Images\Platform Categories\Consoles\Clear Logo\Consoles.png

I thought they were talking about the clear logos too at first....but this theme has images to the left hand side that are "device" images and they are saying they aren't showing at all. took me a min to piece their post together. but just now I see they posted in the themes thread and they are obviously editing it. extrapolating that, I would think this user shot themselves in the foot, *pew pew*

these images come up by default.

image.thumb.png.91fd23a1b7b7a54c33f27db268b973f4.png

I'm not modding the theme or at least doing any core change to it. I fixed 2x color codes with search and replace in vscode.

There's something else since everyone is saying that it should be working out of the box.

Is there a setting in the options that could prevent those images from showing?

26 minutes ago, Light Sock said:

I'm not modding the theme or at least doing any core change to it. I fixed 2x color codes with search and replace in vscode.

There's something else since everyone is saying that it should be working out of the box.

Is there a setting in the options that could prevent those images from showing?

not that I'm aware of, that made me want to ask if you did some editing with the thought if you did edit it you likely made a mistake somewhere.

do you still have the zip file or whatever form the original theme file downloaded in? I would rename the current Colorful theme folder (for ex: Colorful OLD) then stick a fresh version of the Colorful theme into your theme folder and make sure the hardware set device images work before you edit anything. It seems pretty odd you would just have a single set of images not display correctly. It really should work fine right away from the start

9 hours ago, skizzosjt said:

I thought they were talking about the clear logos too at first....but this theme has images to the left hand side that are "device" images and they are saying they aren't showing at all. took me a min to piece their post together. but just now I see they posted in the themes thread and they are obviously editing it. extrapolating that, I would think this user shot themselves in the foot, *pew pew*

these images come up by default.

image.thumb.png.91fd23a1b7b7a54c33f27db268b973f4.png

Ah, thank for correcting. When image was mentioned I saw only the clear logos on the right and errantly assumed that. Also I forgot this theme was remade using the CTC so its coded different from the original. 

Ok with that squared hopefully I am on the same page as you both. 

@Light Sock to add images for the Category level view you just add an image named after the category to:

\Themes\Colorful - Dark\Media\Hardware Set

Example a Category for "Handhelds":

\Themes\Colorful - Dark\Media\Hardware Set\Handhelds.png

In the images below I changed mine to a pic of a GBA. 

Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 5.37.36 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 5.39.17 AM.png

On 1/25/2024 at 10:43 PM, skizzosjt said:

not that I'm aware of, that made me want to ask if you did some editing with the thought if you did edit it you likely made a mistake somewhere.

do you still have the zip file or whatever form the original theme file downloaded in? I would rename the current Colorful theme folder (for ex: Colorful OLD) then stick a fresh version of the Colorful theme into your theme folder and make sure the hardware set device images work before you edit anything. It seems pretty odd you would just have a single set of images not display correctly. It really should work fine right away from the start

Just as I thought, reinstalled a fresh version of Colorful and same issue.

image.thumb.png.cb714884cb2ff990c091dfb00e67e38a.png

I only had edited color codes so I doubt it would be that. Plus before I edited the color codes the platform device images weren't showing .

On 1/26/2024 at 5:40 AM, Retro808 said:

Ah, thank for correcting. When image was mentioned I saw only the clear logos on the right and errantly assumed that. Also I forgot this theme was remade using the CTC so its coded different from the original. 

Ok with that squared hopefully I am on the same page as you both. 

@Light Sock to add images for the Category level view you just add an image named after the category to:

\Themes\Colorful - Dark\Media\Hardware Set

Example a Category for "Handhelds":

\Themes\Colorful - Dark\Media\Hardware Set\Handhelds.png

In the images below I changed mine to a pic of a GBA. 

Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 5.37.36 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 5.39.17 AM.png

This worked so basically the theme is broken. You need to rename Category_CATEGORYNAME.png to CATEGORYNAME.png. For some reason, only Arcade was spelled right. Thanks.