sadkad

Hello. When I try to search the game metadata I get this error:

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 11.11
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    System.String (System.Object)
Source:  Unbroken.LaunchBox

at (Object )
   at GetterConnection.CheckNotificationContext(Object , GetterConnection )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.LocalDbSearchResult.get_Platform()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.AddEditGameMetadataPageViewModel.DbSearchResult.DefineNotificationProccesor(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.AddEditGameMetadataPageViewModel.DbSearchResult..ctor(AddEditGameMetadataPageViewModel metadataPage, SearchResult result)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.AddEditGameMetadataPageViewModel.SetupTransactionDispatcher(List`1 task)
   at ImporterParams.InsertHttpWorker(Object , List`1 task, ImporterParams )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.AddEditGameMetadataPageViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass279_0.ForgotTransactionAuthentication()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.AddEditGameMetadataPageViewModel.DefineHttpRef(Object , DispatcherPriority )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.AddEditGameMetadataPageViewModel.MapTransactionDispatcher()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.RegisterConcreteWatcher(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.ManageTypeParam()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Recent Log:

19:34:14 Exception

I have tried a previous backup and I get the same error. Maybe I have a windows problem? Does anyone know what can happen?

thank you

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, iconoclasmlb2 said:

There was a post on this thread 20 days ago with the same information.
I have not received any specific reply from the moderators, so I guess I will have to use the latest version.

this would, I think, deserve their attention. updating metadata is a standard feature even for the free version. so, it really should work regardless of how old of a version you are on. if what these posts suggest is you cannot update metadata, meaning your local metadata file will never be updated with revisions or new additions, then you're losing a function that was intended to work forever. scraping will be not fully working. if you have not already you should fill out a bug report. use the help and support > report a bug button at top of this page

they did just recently revise the database, based on that coincidence, there is a possibility the recent changes have had a negative impact on older versions of LaunchBox. metadata comes from the database. with all that said, it's plausible this is a legit bug that needs to be addressed.